The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
wigman said:
the clash - the clash
london calling - the clash
rise and fall of ziggy stardust - bowie
urban hymms - the verve

At last some decent albums mentioned.Another good album to through into that lot is Street Fighting Years by Simple minds.Brilliant album

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There is no bestest album ever, for anyone, music is and will be emotive and emotions roll with the times...Of course some will stand out, over time for all of us - but what goes on the record player will be indicative of your current state of mind...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tedebear said:
There is no bestest album ever, for anyone, music is and will be emotive and emotions roll with the times...Of course some will stand out, over time for all of us - but what goes on the record player will be indicative of your current state of mind...

Thats partly true

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tedebear said:
I partly thank you

So can you explain why i still listen to albums produced 20 years ago and never grow tired of playing them?They certainly go down as my favorites.But like you say.It depends what mood your in.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
algie said:
So can you explain why i still listen to albums produced 20 years ago and never grow tired of playing them?They certainly go down as my favorites.But like you say.It depends what mood your in.

I guess my post was a little mis-interpreted, sorry. There is no bestest album - but a FEW bestest albums for each person. At a given point of time you will chose one out of that selection based on the state of mind and mood you are in....I've got about 4 or 5 (two of which were recorded before I was born) and when I want something great - I'll chose from them.

I would think it a rare person who is able to choose a single most favourite album ever.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Brighton till i die said:
...well..... best i've heard in YONKS.

if you havent already got it....go and treat yourself to MINISTRY OF SOUND, MASH UP MIX 2007. Only £9.95 in HMV and its pukka!!

'Ave it! :)

:bowdown:

Dance compilations suck, always.
Mixed dance compilations suck even worse.

Up to 25 quid for a selection of castrated radio edits of commercial dance, often mixed by a washed-up Radio 1 DJ? No thanks.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Something Else - The Kinks
Heavy Soul - Paul Weller
Who's Next - The Who
Over The Counter Culture - Ordinary Boys (yeah thats right!)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Face said:
Heavy Soul - Paul Weller
Who's Next - The Who

Mod for the sake of mod by the look of it!...only someone forgot to tell Face that 'The Ooh' were actually a rock band.

;)

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
The Face said:
Heavy Soul - Paul Weller
Who's Next - The Who

I pondered "Something Else", think "... Village Green Preservation Society" slightly shades all things Kinksian, though. With "Muswell Hillbillies" a very very honourable third.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here