Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best acoustics in England

acoustics? what the fuckin hell has become of the singing fan? I was lucky enough to be a regular in the North Stand in the late 70's and early 80's, The volume was to do with only two things, how many were singing, and how loud they were doing it? If anyone had dared to use a word such as 'acoustics' they'd have had their head flushed down the bog! This method of 'torture was also popular at Falmer school at the time for anyone else who used 'poncy' words!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ray Wilkins said the noise was unbelievable in the WS when he did the commentary for the Liverpool game there the other day. Said he couldn't hear what people next to him were saying.

PG

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Old stands like Kenilworth Road, Roots Hall or London Road always sound amazing. Not sure how much of that sound escapes the low roof though or whether it's just deafening underneath it.

Which reminds me. I really want to go and see us at Roots Hall and Kenilworth Road again!

but if we go to kenilworth road we will be playing in the Conference (or whatever it is calledf nowadays!)

Roots hall - why would I want to see us play again at Southend????? especially in stands from which you can barely see out of.

The Amex is the most vibrant atmosphere when it is really going that I can remember - mainly because some care and attention to noise projection and acoustics was paid when designing the stadium. As opposed to the old thinking of just bunging a roof up.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, get real

No, I'd say that the Amex has the best all-round acoustics without a doubt. Places like Peterborough sound loud because it's reflected back at you but it doesn't affect the whole stadium. Where do you suggest then?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I'm always amazed by the sound when Stoke score at home. (And rather pissed off, of course)

Twenty thousand people waking up at the same time is one helluva yawn.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
acoustics? what the fuckin hell has become of the singing fan? I was lucky enough to be a regular in the North Stand in the late 70's and early 80's, The volume was to do with only two things, how many were singing, and how loud they were doing it? If anyone had dared to use a word such as 'acoustics' they'd have had their head flushed down the bog! This method of 'torture was also popular at Falmer school at the time for anyone else who used 'poncy' words!

They got priced out when clubs like Ipswich Town realised they could flog tickets for £58 per game!-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here