Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernard Matthews DEAD

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'd love to be the Undertaker about to embalm his body. The temptation to insert a little bit of Sage & Onion would be too much to bear...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Norfolk's finest will no doubt be at the funeral - Delia Smith, Stephen Fry, the Coleman's Mustard heiress and maybe Alan Partridge (in his black Castrol GTX bomber jacket, of course)...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody typical! I've only just seen this thread & all the wonderfully weedy puns have already been gobbled up. :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Once in the oven, please remember to baste regularly until the tweed jacket has turned a lovely golden brown..."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
THE POPE VISITS EAST ANGLIA

The Pope vists East Anglia, and Bernard Matthews goes to see him. Bernard says "You may not know me, but I am the biggest turkey farmer in Europe, and I need your help."

The Pope says "Speak my child; if I can guide you, I will".

Bernard says "All I want is one word; if you change 'give us this day our daily bread' to 'give us this day our daily turkey', it will stick in people's minds. Frequency of turkey purchase will go up and I'll be sorted.

The pope shakes his head. "The Lord's prayer is a great unshakeable tradition of the church; we couldn't possibly change it".

Bernard says "OK, OK, I'll give you 15 million a year for 12 years"

The pope starts to soften "Well...I suppose we could change it to 'give us this day our daily bread AND turkey'..."

Bernard gets desparate and pleads. "Look, this is my best offer. 20 million pounds a year for the first five years, then going up by five million pounds a year, and so on each five years, for 20 years. That's really the best I can do."

The pope smiles at Bernard and says "I shall help you. Go in peace". The two shake on it to seal the deal, and Bernard leaves.

The next day the pope returns to the Vatican, and immediately calls a gathering of the cardinals. They gather together and the Pope says "I've got good news, and bad news. The good news is I've got us 20 million pounds a year..."

A gasp echoes round the chamber, and one cardinal says "That is excellent your holiness, but what's the bad news?"

The pope replies, "We've lost the Hovis account."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe they will have a BOGOF on the turkey slices to celebrate his life

my cats love them

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Kindly show some respect for the man who had an FA Cup Final named after him in the 1950's.

And who had a lovely daughter called Karen. Probably.

Pete Doherty has asked for the biggest, cheapest, dirtiest piece of crack to be delivered to his cell... The wardens brought Karen Matthews to him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When I found out that the owner of Europe's biggest Turkey producers had died I was very upset...

I mean, what are saturday nights going to be like now without Simon Cowell and X Factor ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If Bernand could see these poor puns he'd be turning in his grave-y.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here