Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernard Manning is dead

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Never warmed to the bloke myself. Found him completely unfunny. However, thoughts go out to his family.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am with spunk bubble, never found him to be particularly funny, my thoughts are also with his family...it is going to cost a fortune to buy a coffin big enough to bury that twat!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I won't be shedding tears over the loss of him but for all that he was a consummate professional. However, it's a great shame that he couldn't have used his undoubted skills to make jokes that were actually funny. Unless you happen to find a tide of racism funny, that is...

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I remember him defending himself once by saying that there was no such thing as an offensive joke, there was just funny and not funny. I agree with him, which is why the controversial nature of much of his comedy doesn't really bother me, he was just not funny and I fear for anyone who really believes that he was.

I remember him defending himself once by saying that there was no such thing as an offensive joke, there was just funny and not funny. I agree with him, which is why the controversial nature of much of his comedy doesn't really bother me, he was just not funny and I fear for anyone who really believes that he was.
I see where you are coming from there.

Jeez I bet he is a larf a minute when he is out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A legend he will be sadly missed whatever anyone thinks of the content of his act.

Blimey, I agree with Harty. A really funny man in his time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad loss,Its funny because i saw some footage the other day of him on the michael Parkinson show from the early seventies,Bernard cracked a racist joke and Parkinson was falling about laughing.Just shows how times have changed.
seen him live and thought he was very funny.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If only Bernard had managed a breath every five minutes, he might have died years ago and saved us the bother of waiting so bloody long to write his obituary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here