Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp signing confirmed

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd be happy if he is a better version of Chris Wood

Shouldn't be too much of a challenge, as long as he uses his physical attributes, which Wood repeatedly failed to do...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Roland... really pleased with this signing, and he will definitely be first team squad... however, as others have posted, he surely isn't our main striker target; still looking for that player with Championship experience... Ernie?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good to see some more transfer activity and some foreign talent too, but can't get too worked up about this one.

I hate to put a dampner on this but my Seagulls following brother who works for a Dutch company just spoke with various footie following colleagues about Bergkamp. They know of him but don't particularly rate him, comparing him to a much less talented Bendtner type of player. Looks ok - but only when he can be bothered, otherwise won't frighten too many defences. So I feel he will have more of a developmental role. I also fear that he will feel the weight of expectation that his surname carries.

I will get more excited when we sign a Championship standard 20+ goal striker.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unlikely to be starting games. Still await an experienced striker.

I agree - Maybe he will be 4th or 5th choice but we will see - stats are just stats, he could suprise us all! Still seems a useful addition - now 2 more top strikers pls Tony & Gus :)

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I was a tad critical about this unconfirmed signing the other day, but what the hell do I know.
In that time worn cliche In Gus we trust.
And a little bit of bragging from me to my Arsenal supporting colleagues that we now have a Bergkamp in the blue and white stripes

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought I saw him with Paul Camlin at the AMEX yesterday, but didn't post it on here for fear of abuse!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Good to see some more transfer activity and some foreign talent too, but can't get too worked up about this one.

I hate to put a dampner on this but my Seagulls following brother who works for a Dutch company just spoke with various footie following colleagues about Bergkamp. They know of him but don't particularly rate him, comparing him to a much less talented Bendtner type of player. Looks ok - but only when he can be bothered, otherwise won't frighten too many defences. So I feel he will have more of a developmental role. I also fear that he will feel the weight of expectation that his surname carries.

That's fair enough SoC, but he is young and will probably develop into the sort of striker Gus wants. Gus obviously saw something in the lad, he wouldn't have just signed him because of his name. So yeah I think he may still be a bit raw, but given time fingers crossed he will become a great striker.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
The Moose on talk sport said he is not a very good player as he has watched a lot of Dutch football ha pretty well said he was rubbish lets hope he proves him wrong

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Good to see Gus adding some more physicality to the squad.

And before people go writing him off on the back of his reputation, Remember how Plymouth fans and pundits wrote off Ashley Barnes when we signed him. Sure they would've given their left arms for the 20 goals he scored for us last season.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
0,,10433~9765133,00.jpg

Is that the new shirt ? Seagull pointing the right way but I can't make out the sponsor.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Is that the new shirt ? Seagull pointing the right way but I can't make out the sponsor.

That is the 'one off' commemorative shirt we are wearing in the Spurs friendly.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Not the new shirt it is the one just for the freindly withSpurs and to comemerate the open of the Amex

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bendtner! :tantrum::nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree - Maybe he will be 4th or 5th choice but we will see - stats are just stats, he could suprise us all! Still seems a useful addition - now 2 more top strikers pls Tony & Gus :)

1 more I would think...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Moose on talk sport said he is not a very good player as he has watched a lot of Dutch football ha pretty well said he was rubbish lets hope he proves him wrong

Yes, and 'The Mouse' is an obvious expert... I would so obviously trust his judgement over Gus and his scouting team's....

... NOT...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
great news, certainly looks like a good one for development :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here