Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
So sad to hear this news , will be sorely missed on NSC . Sending my condolences to his family and friends. RIP BG

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Others have already said as much, but it’s characters like BG and their quirks (Matt Derbyshire, Omsung Phine et al) that keep the chatter going - RIP BG - you’ll be missed!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Incredibly sad news, a real character of NSC and the Albion. Didn't know him but always enjoyed reading his posts and the ensuing melee. Many condolences to the family and his friends :bhasign:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's really sad news. I had a lot of time for him. He got a lot of stick for his posts but some of them were very astute.

My condolences to all who knew and were close to him. NSC will be a poorer place without him.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We used to sit behind him at Withdean, so for two decades he really has been part of the Albion scenery for us. What a tribute this thread is proving to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm new here compared to most, yet found him irreplaceable in his own, completely unique, irreplaceable way. Going to be missed. Sorry for your loss.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BG was the opposite of dull.

Often profoundly entertaining, whether he was in his contrarian mode or his ‘how does that work’ frame of mind.

He was the most readable poster on NSC.

He clearly adored the football club and obviously had a huge impact on most people he met.

He had me in tears a number of times with some of his outrageous posts and threads but sadly, he has done the same to me tonight for a different emotion, sadness.

RIP

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sad news. I loved the way he could wind up quite a few on here. RIP Ben's Grandad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RIP BG, a huge character on NSC.

We didn't always agree (but did occasionally), however he always treated NSC with a healthy dose of humour and irreverence and never bore a grudge.

Very sad news and condolences to all his family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here