Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Pickles

May 5, 2014
That was @BG’s minute’s applause on 76 wasn’t it? Quite a few thousand knew and showed respect.

Montoya was subbed and couldn’t quite believe the adulation towards him as walked past the NS.

Yes, it was. I was in the WSU, North side, and it seemed to have started in The North stand, East side.

However, seeing as I think BG sat in the WSL, and I think Ben may have been there in the WSU, South side, it may have started there.

Either way, it definitely happened, and wasn't just a ripple, it was very audible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, it was. I was in the WSU, North side, and it seemed to have started in The North stand, East side.

However, seeing as I think BG sat in the WSL, and I think Ben may have been there in the WSU, South side, it may have started there.

Either way, it definitely happened, and wasn't just a ripple, it was very audible.

I would say that many hundred joined in, in the west part of the NS where I was and NW corner.

A lovely moment remembering @BG.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here today finding it a bit strange that there's no BG contribution to the various threads emanating from yesterday's game. It's going to take a while to get used to.

You're not the only one. I was reading the tinkerman thread and thinking what would BGs response be

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Martin (BG's son) and Ben were in their normal seats in front of my daughter in WSU

D

Deleted member 2719

Sad news really liked BG, condolences to all his family.

He was original and always looked at things from a different angle.

He was definitely an NSC legend, and appeared a decent bloke, he will never to be forgotten. RIP.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can you scan it and post please.

I did think about that earlier and I'm more than happy to as I know not everybody on here will take the programme like I do, however it does come with a 'no part of the programme may be used without permission of the club' caveat, so I didn't want to cause an issue by doing so. If any powers that be are reading this, I'm more than happy to do so, as I say, if given the green light.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I did think about that earlier and I'm more than happy to as I know not everybody on here will take the programme like I do, however it does come with a 'no part of the programme may be used without permission of the club' caveat, so I didn't want to cause an issue by doing so. If any powers that be are reading this, I'm more than happy to do so, as I say, if given the green light.

I would like to think that the part about BG would cause any offence if it was put here .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Probably be polite and courteous to ask the club first.

Which is what I was alluding to earlier and BG's family should perhaps, obviously and rightfully, be calling the shots on this. I read an Albion programme this morning, they lost a loved one this week.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Which is what I was alluding to earlier and BG's family should perhaps, obviously and rightfully, be calling the shots on this. I read an Albion programme this morning, they lost a loved one this week.

Get your sentiment about the club and copyright etc, and far be it for me to speak on behalf of anyone else, but I wouldn't think the family would object to a tribute of Brian in the programme being shared on the tribute thread of the forum he loved, from fellow fans who bar none have showed the utmost respect to BG.
Some of his family have been here this week saying how much the tributes to Brian have meant to them. The programme (which I haven't seen) is another tribute in a long line of them from genuine Albion fans who were blessed by his uniqueness.

I hope the admins/club allow. This is the Brian tribute thread after all.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If it could be posted upside down or sideways, so much the better :smile:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Oh.. This sad to hear.. I often ended up helping him out with his computer problems.. He came across like a nice chap...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've only just seen this news. Such a sad loss. One of NSC's great characters. RIP fella.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007

I can assure you non of Brian's family would object to you sharing his picture to NSC. I'm sure a lot of people would recognise him as a supporter but would not realise he was the famous BG.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That was @BG’s minute’s applause on 76 wasn’t it? Quite a few thousand knew and showed respect.

Montoya was subbed and couldn’t quite believe the adulation towards him as walked past the NS.

I was watching on the box so I didn't know. Genuine LOL moment reading this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here