Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Blimey, the passing of a certified NSC legend.
I only met the great man once, he came to my cafe for lunch and introduced himself, and his lovely wife to me.
A big man with a huge personality, he will be sorely missed on this board, and in the wider Albion community.

Is there any other poster who is known to every other poster by just his user name initials?
The mark of how big an impression he made.

My Omsung Phine shines a lot duller tonight.

RIP, BG.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We came from the same town but we never met each other. (I have probably seen him without knowing it).

Many a time, we (Mid Sussex Seagulls) would be having a pre-match pint in Savannah Bar, Haywards Heath, asking "Who is BG"?

He never was rude back to any of my posts.

This is genuinely sad news.

Deepest condolences to his family.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blimey, the passing of a certified NSC legend.
I only met the great man once, he came to my cafe for lunch and introduced himself, and his lovely wife to me.
A big man with a huge personality, he will be sorely missed on this board, and in the wider Albion community.

Is there any other poster who is known to every other poster by just his user name initials?
The mark of how big an impression he made.

My Omsung Phine shines a lot duller tonight.

RIP, BG.

Lovely post.

@HWT saves typing too.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Very sad to hear this,he is an NSC legend.
RIP BG.

A photo on 76 minutes would be very fitting.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
An integral part of the rich tapestry making up NSC. Very sad news indeed.

Best regards to all the BG family and raising a glass to the man himself.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RIP

A unique voice on NSC, he will be missed

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What was it 75,000 posts? Cant believe I will never see a new one. Great entertainment for a variety of reasons. This place will be a lot quieter now, I think.
RIP

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Very sorry to hear of your loss. I never met Brian, but had a few always friendly conversations with him on NSC. One thing that stood out about him was that whether one agreed with his opinions or not, nothing was ever personal with him; he never put anyone down from what I can remember. However, I do have one connection with him, in that I sold my old Ford Mondeo to one of his sons. So maybe there is still a clapped out old P Registration green Mondeo running round Worthing or Haywards Heath.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I pm him a couple times saying it’s all banter you know and never to take it too seriously. He always replied that he knew the rules....
RIP mate....... sad day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here