Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett training at university as usual today

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
No, Bloom told you to get lost.

Same thing. Enough cash flashed and i am sure he would have been persuaded but we don't have the sort of cash (and are not desperate enough to sign sopneone at any cost) to pay what i suspect it would take.

Will be interesting to see how Bennett's form holds up if he does end up staying. He was clearly up for the move.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Made it on to the BBC transfer ticker

1404: Here's some news of a player that Brighton fans will be desperate stays put. Highly-rated Seagulls midfielder Elliott Bennett was at training today and Albion say they hope to keep their squad status quo. Bennett, 22, has been the subject of bids from Norwich City and he put in transfer request last Thursday.

PG

Just made it onto the Sky ticker too ...

"Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet does not expect Norwich City target Elliott Bennett to leave the League One club on deadline day"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he does end up staying for the rest of the season at least, as is looking probable, then that was a VERY ill-advised and rather unnecessary transfer request to put in.

Elliott will no doubt be thanking his agent profusely for that piece of sage advice he gave him last week.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I for one will forgive him everything so long as he's here tomorrrow morning. He is VITAL.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
School must be out in Norwich comment from a forum up there

[Comment From Ian]
Bennett = Boring. Don't care. Can't remember him from our 6-3 aggregate win over that little team last year. Well done for getting 20 assists this season, but that league is BANG average. We ruined it at half pace.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just made it onto the Sky ticker too ...

"Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet does not expect Norwich City target Elliott Bennett to leave the League One club on deadline day"

That's hardly a reassuring statement. Makes it sound as though it might not happen today, but that it will happen!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That's hardly a reassuring statement. Makes it sound as though it might not happen today, but that it will happen!
I hope Bennett stays. I'm sure you will give Mike and Norwich fans a bit of stick.:D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It might happen in the summer if Norwich get promoted and we don't. If Norwich stay down and we go up, then he's better off staying with us, getting better wages and a promotion bonus.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Jeez, are you a half empty glass kind of person.

If he doesn't go today, so much can happen between now and the summer i.e we go up, Norwich/Burnley? etc. stay exactly where they are. Then it doesn't seem such a good move does it and EB has a little more time to think about the implications of said move. Also if we do go up we should have a bit more dosh to spread around where TB and Gus see fit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
FFS... STOP WORRYING after today... life is too short... our Chairman has made it VERY, VERY clear he is going nowhere...

LOL, sorry, can't do that. Worrying is what I do when it comes to the Albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reality is that 11pm tonight means very little.

If there is a deal to be done that all parties accept, then it can be a loan until the summer when the permanent transfer goes through.

I really and honestly just CANNOT see that happening at all. What on earth would be in it for us ? We lose our star playmaker (who we don't have time now to replace), and pick up a few quid from them in the summer at a price agreed in January - by which time his stock may have risen even FURTHER, there could be more interest from more clubs, and by keeping hold of him till then we'll have had the benefit of him for the rest of the season AND the benefit from a possible summer bidding war driving his price up further (if he's still determined to leave by then). Quite apart from the possibility of him getting crocked at Naarch before the end of the season and all deals being off.

Loaning him out is a non-starter. He's either sold tonight or he stays.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least until our fate and that of Norwich etc are revealed in the summer.

Indeed.
If we go up then we'll be in a position to offer to improve his deal in the summer, but now that he's already had his head turned, I'm inclined to believe he'll be bidding farewell in the summer even if we are in the Championship. He's hot property, and bigger clubs will be offering far bigger deals than we can.

Fact of life, and it'll be a real shame, but as long as he gives his all for us for the remainder of this season then he will leave leave with my thanks, I'll have no problem with it if thats how it plays out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here