Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett training at university as usual today

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Reality is that 11pm tonight means very little.

If there is a deal to be done that all parties accept, then it can be a loan until the summer when the permanent transfer goes through.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

If there is a deal to be done that all parties accept, then it can be a loan until the summer when the permanent transfer goes through.

I think you will find that the Brighton board don't accept!

Good to hear he is training as per usual.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think you will find that the Brighton board don't accept!

I know that's the current stance, and all the time that remains, then he's going nowhere anyway.

I'm just making the point that counting down in dramatic style all day is a bit mis-leading outside the Premiership as deals can and will still be made after tonight. Even in the Premiership 'Arry has until about Wednesday before his window shuts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That would be madness for a player like Bennett though. If it's someone who isn't all that good, or who has been a disruptive influence and the club just want him out of their immediate environment, then fine, but it would be crazy to allow a player with a transfer value as high as Bennett out on loan.

If the player then suffered a career threatening injury while on loan- let's say as a result of Grant Holt accidentally landing on top of him while en route back from the post-training pie and cake buffet- you've lost a highly valuable asset for nothing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Or we could sell him, and keep him on loan from Norwich until the Summer! (like Ryan Harley/Swansea). But I really believe that he's going nowhere until at least the summer and if we get promoted then he will be at the first game at the Amex!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone one know how many typed words have been wasted on this saga over the last week or so on here, including the twenty or so in this post? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Could Bozza get in touch with Stephen Hawking to get an exact figure?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If I was Norwich and Bennett went to training today I would realise that it would have to be a very big late transnfer bid to get him away from Brighton and would proabably start looking elsewhere in case I leave it too late.

For me this emans Bennett is staying.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That would be madness for a player like Bennett though. If it's someone who isn't all that good, or who has been a disruptive influence and the club just want him out of their immediate environment, then fine, but it would be crazy to allow a player with a transfer value as high as Bennett out on loan.

If the player then suffered a career threatening injury while on loan- let's say as a result of Grant Holt accidentally landing on top of him while en route back from the post-training pie and cake buffet- you've lost a highly valuable asset for nothing.

No, the point of that sort of "deal" is not about it being a loan in the usual sense of the word. It's when a club miss a deadline, and you are NOT managed by Harry Redknapp, then you agree a loan until the window re-opens when the permanent deal goes through. No-one is proving themselves, or risking the deal collapsing due to injury, it's just a way around the regulations. My point is, there is a way around the regulations outside of the Premiership because our loan window remains open.

Or in other words ..... I will continue to worry, even after 11pm tonight!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, the point of that sort of "deal" is not about it being a loan in the usual sense of the word. It's when a club miss a deadline, and you are NOT managed by Harry Redknapp, then you agree a loan until the window re-opens when the permanent deal goes through. No-one is proving themselves, or risking the deal collapsing due to injury, it's just a way around the regulations. My point is, there is a way around the regulations outside of the Premiership because our loan window remains open.

Or in other words ..... I will continue to worry, even after 11pm tonight!

So this is all that bent old bastard Redknapp's fault? I knew there was a reason I can't stand him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here