Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennets field car park last night.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Anybody know if there was a particular problem last night that stopped most cars moving out for nearly an hour.? I know its normally pretty bad on evening games, but last night seemed to be a total stoppage.
I saw flashing blue lights at one stage and thought some poor bugger may have had a problem.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How disappointing. I really thought we were going to go for a whole game without any of the car drivers complaining.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BF was the worse it been all season last night. The reason is that the person responsible for organising how the flow should work, is stupid.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sounds about normal to me.

In recent weeks more and more cars seem to park in the University of Brighton car park (end of Village Way), the stream of traffic from that car park seems to take priority over the cars (and buses) exiting the bus park/Bennetts Field exit.

I was in the Sussex uni car park last night and the highlight there was some lunatic trying to start a fight with a car driver who happened to reverse towards him, purely because he was trying to get away from another vehicle that was heading towards him. No real traffic problems to report, but it certainly spiced up departure.

If it was the same incident my passengers saw, the driver reversed into the "lunatic" and his son.

D

Deleted member 22389

But at least you had the luxury of seats and a radio lol. Got to my bicycle last night and had a flat tyre. Could not believe it. Never thought of ever bringing a spare inner tube with me lol

Had to walk my bike back all the way to Lewes. Took me an 1h 15 mins. Did not get in until 11:45pm lol.

Bloody lonely along that A27. At one point it started raining as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But at least you had the luxury of seats and a radio lol. Got to my bicycle last night and had a flat tyre. Could not believe it. Never thought of ever bringing a spare inner tube with me lol

Had to walk my bike back all the way to Lewes. Took me an 1h 15 mins. Did not get in until 11:45pm lol.

Why not take the train?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
While we're talking about transport ,does anyone know the reason for the plague of yellow-jacketed jobsworths on the roads round the stadium last night? They seemed to be counting cars, but why?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
While we're talking about transport ,does anyone know the reason for the plague of yellow-jacketed jobsworths on the roads round the stadium last night? They seemed to be counting cars, but why?

Planning Committee coming up?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Ah you must be the odd character I was wondering about who was taking his bike for a walk at quarter to eleven along a dual carriage way!
You'd got nearly as far as the Lewes roundabout which shows how bloody long it took to get out of that car park last night.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Could they just have been doing a necessary study on traffic for the planning process going through at the moment, does that really make them a 'plague' and 'jobsworths'?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Why not take the train?

It's a bit hard walking the train along the A27

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here