Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benji's gone to Northampton!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wages I would imagine. And before you say it Northampton probably can afford to pay him more than us :cry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Northampton have signed Trevor Benjaman on loan til the end of the season.

Now I havent seen McCammon play yet but I reckon I'd much rather of had Big Trev.
Trev is effective whereas McCammon is ineffective. Nuff said

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cobblers! (Sorry, couldn't stop myself. Too much Soccer A.M.)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
chez said:
Northampton have signed Trevor Benjaman on loan til the end of the season.

Now I havent seen McCammon play yet but I reckon I'd much rather of had Big Trev.

'Benji'? We NEVER called him 'Benji'! Nor spelt him 'Benjaman' :lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Benji's gone to Northampton!!

bha.fatboy said:
Trev is effective whereas McCammon is ineffective. Nuff said
I don't see how you can call him ineffective. Unskillful maybe but from what I've seen of him he's not afraid to run at people, can get past people if only because of his size and is generally a pain in the arse to other teams defence. Maybe not the best player in the world but useful for us and our style of play methinks.

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
jeez, who the hell can we afford then, leicester have also loaned Nathan blake to leeds as well today. would love to see who is on MM's short list. methinks its a f:censored: short list.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Benjamin was a class above both Iwelumo and McCammon. That's why we only had him as a short-term favour from Micky Adams. You get what you pay for.

Re: Re: Re: Benji's gone to Northampton!!

Rangdo said:
I don't see how you can call him ineffective. Unskillful maybe but from what I've seen of him he's not afraid to run at people, can get past people if only because of his size and is generally a pain in the arse to other teams defence. Maybe not the best player in the world but useful for us and our style of play methinks.

Exactly. It's no coincidence that in the games he's featured, we've looked far more potent in attack.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
why do we all moan when we found out that some forward has gone out on loan and we should have got him, now watch my lips

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY

Its is as simple as that, we have to make do with what we have, also, when all fit, we have;

Knight
Mcgammon
Mcphee
Hart
Robinson
Molango
Jarrett

Do we need another forward in our current financial situation ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BobbySmith said:
why do we all moan when we found out that some forward has gone out on loan and we should have got him, now watch my lips

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY

Its is as simple as that, we have to make do with what we have, also, when all fit, we have;

Knight
Mcgammon
Mcphee
Hart
Robinson
Molango
Jarrett

Virgo?

geoffreyp said:
jeez, who the hell can we afford then, leicester have also loaned Nathan blake to leeds as well today. would love to see who is on MM's short list. methinks its a f:censored: short list.

In case you are interested, Northampton are owned by billionaire brothers who own most of the land around the ground. I know of a player they are paying £3k a week to - and there are many like him there.

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
The Great Cornholio said:
In case you are interested, Northampton are owned by billionaire brothers who own most of the land around the ground. I know of a player they are paying £3k a week to - and there are many like him there.

yes, was interested to know, thanks for the info.

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
BobbySmith said:

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY

Knight
Mcgammon
Mcphee
Hart
Robinson
Molango
Jarrett
Virgo!

errr yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here