Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benefits: 'Me a scrounger? Fair enough, I am.'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:nono:

BBC News - Benefits:

The prime minister has unveiled major changes to the welfare and benefit system, including incentives and sanctions "to ensure that work always pays" and that people who repeatedly turn down jobs will be penalised. One man who could be among the targets is "Mick", who called a phone-in on BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I left school at 18 and I've had a year's worth of working over that 20-year period.

I enjoy my free time. I don't like working for someone else and making loads of money for them and nothing for yourself.

I live on about £50 a week. Can I live comfortably on that? Of course I can.

I walk my dog every day, which keeps me fit and healthy. I go fishing, and I go birdwatching, which is my favourite hobby.

All my family have worked all their lives - they worked down pits, in the steelworks, and they've all died from illnesses related to that.

And they've had nothing to show for it at the end of it.

All that money they've paid in, they've paid out again to the bankers. I don't think my family would begrudge the pittance they give me every week.

My family, who've paid in all their lives and got nothing back, I'm just taking a little pension out of that.

'Free money'

I get my £90 weekly rent and my council tax paid, so in total I get around £140 a week in benefits. It's free money - I love it.

Most of my friends are the same. They don't see a future in working.

I live from day to day - and I enjoy my days. I don't think about my future - I don't have any kids or family to look after. I don't want any kids - there are too many people in the world as it is, we're overpopulated.

The people who are working today - they're paying for the bankers, their million-pound bonuses every month.

Am I a scrounger? Fair enough, I am, I'll take that on the chin.

And if I see anyone doing the same thing, I'll say fair enough, fair play to any of them."

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
How is someone like that entitled to benefit? What does he claim for? I've never even looked into the system as I've worked since 1998 - and in the occasional months I've had between contracts over those years, I've never even considered going on the dole. I really do not get it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The Tories failled him thats why he should get all the love and support only a Labour governmant can give.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Couldn't care less about the lazy waste of space in all honesty... feel sorry for him being such a retard if the truth be known. If him and associated leeches weren't stealing from the tax payer the Government would find some other excuse to nick it off us anyway, so doesn't irritate me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I simply cannot see how he can get away with it.He is suppose to apply for a certain amount of jobs every time he signs on and perhaps the odd interview.The Job Center then do back to work interviews and check out his history and follow up the information he has provided.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a sad, deformed urban pustule. No dreams, no aspirations, no desire to broaden his horizons, to travel, to learn, to develop as a human being. Just a hand-to-mouth lifetime of doing the same humdrum things in the same place with the same people. Thats not living - its existing. He might as well be a cockroach under a rock.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
:nono:

BBC News - Benefits:

The prime minister has unveiled major changes to the welfare and benefit system, including incentives and sanctions "to ensure that work always pays" and that people who repeatedly turn down jobs will be penalised. One man who could be among the targets is "Mick", who called a phone-in on BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I left school at 18 and I've had a year's worth of working over that 20-year period.

I enjoy my free time. I don't like working for someone else and making loads of money for them and nothing for yourself.

I live on about £50 a week. Can I live comfortably on that? Of course I can.

I walk my dog every day, which keeps me fit and healthy. I go fishing, and I go birdwatching, which is my favourite hobby.

All my family have worked all their lives - they worked down pits, in the steelworks, and they've all died from illnesses related to that.

And they've had nothing to show for it at the end of it.

All that money they've paid in, they've paid out again to the bankers. I don't think my family would begrudge the pittance they give me every week.

My family, who've paid in all their lives and got nothing back, I'm just taking a little pension out of that.

'Free money'

I get my £90 weekly rent and my council tax paid, so in total I get around £140 a week in benefits. It's free money - I love it.

Most of my friends are the same. They don't see a future in working.

I live from day to day - and I enjoy my days. I don't think about my future - I don't have any kids or family to look after. I don't want any kids - there are too many people in the world as it is, we're overpopulated.

The people who are working today - they're paying for the bankers, their million-pound bonuses every month.

Am I a scrounger? Fair enough, I am, I'll take that on the chin.

And if I see anyone doing the same thing, I'll say fair enough, fair play to any of them."

Good for you, buddy.

In all honesty I'm quite jealous.

Nicely written text by the way..didn't spot any typos. Better than half the dross written on here.

Don't let them grind you down.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Lethal injection IMHO

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Bet he's an Wednesday fan!!!

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
What a sad, deformed urban pustule. No dreams, no aspirations, no desire to broaden his horizons, to travel, to learn, to develop as a human being. Just a hand-to-mouth lifetime of doing the same humdrum things in the same place with the same people. Thats not living - its existing. He might as well be a cockroach under a rock.

Nicely put Easy.

larus

Come on lads,think about what he has said/posted.

Lost me there I'm afraid. Can't see waht we're missing.

I have no problem with the benefits system; I think paying in to support 'society' when people fall on hard times or have 'issues' (disability, illness, etc.) is the right thing to do. However, there seems to be a percentage of people who view welfare as a lifestyle choice and this is wrong. To link welfare cheats to bankers is pathetic; typical left-wing crap IMO.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As I always bring up in these cases. Adopt a simpler version of the USA's system. Everyone gets 3 years of allowance they can claim over their lives when out of work. If you choose to use it all up early and then don't have a job, you get nothing. If you are responsible and look for a job each time you loose yours or something happens, 3 years is plenty to last anyone and give you the chance to take your time and find the right job for you. If you simply can't be arsed, then you're gonna have to take whatever crap you can, join the army etc. or get banged up. Not saying it's perfect but it seems fairer to me and prevents lifers like this idiot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

To be honest for the majority of folks living up north this is all they can expect. When the jobless figures were announced earlier in the week the same old statement was rattled out that there was 500,000 job vacancies to be filled around the UK but they never mention that 80% of them are part time on 16 hours a week or less and minimum wage.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to admit that I too am a scrounger off the state as I claim the princely sum of £50 a week acting as my wife's full time carer. Having taken early retirement I live off this and my pension and as a result the state saves around £500 a week which it would otherwise cost to care for her if I had continued at work. I understand that carers allowance will be excluded from the new single benefit as it would mean carers would get an increase and we can't have that can we.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here