Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Based on no evidence apart from interviews I've seen him in, he seems 'like a good lad'. I know it's the quiet ones you have to watch but he doesn't seem the type to have a big major row with someone when he has the chance to play for England. He comes across as a 'I'm going to keep my head down & get on with my job' kind of person.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That's your assumption that it wasn't from reliable sources. At the time it was reported that might have been the information they had. His house was burgled (people apprehended). I find it bizarre that you're trying to concoct some sort of conspiracy around it all.
Nobody was apprehended though!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody was apprehended though!
Two arrests were made regarding a burglary in Surrey and kept in custody. At the moment they are not linked to the Sterling break in, but investigations are ongoing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, me too. Taking a quick look at the Arsenal fan forums, a fairly common view seems to be that he is a laid-back easy going lad, and if indeed it's true that he did go off on one, it would have taken somebody (Holland?) doing something pretty c***ish to set him off.

We may - or may not - find out what exactly happened one day. My guess is that we probably won't, at least not until after he's retired and a journo from The Sun or The Athletic ghost-writes his autobiography.
I simply don’t believe this story of him having a bust up with Holland and he didn’t get on with the squad. He seems a bright, calm, laid back and professional guy, numerous photos and social media testify he of friends with a significant bunch of the squad and when he left Arsenal posted a message wishing him well and supporting him. I can’t imagine Arsenal would have done this if he was being sent home after a bust up. None of it adds up.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I simply don’t believe this story of him having a bust up with Holland and he didn’t get on with the squad. He seems a bright, calm, laid back and professional guy, numerous photos and social media testify he of friends with a significant bunch of the squad and when he left Arsenal posted a message wishing him well and supporting him. I can’t imagine Arsenal would have done this if he was being sent home after a bust up. None of it adds up.
This.

You cannot move at the moment for some kind of rumour about the reasons for Ben’s departure from Qatar, some of them even from normally reliable sources.

The bottom line is, whatever the reason Arsenal are supporting him, so he’s clearly not broken the law, he’s not ill, as that would surely have come out, so as Doris Day famously once sung “Whatever will be, will be”.

In the current global/UK shit storm it can’t be that bad, and give it a month and there will be someone else for people to gossip about 🤷‍♂️

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Maybe he invented a board game called Cluedopoly and the others refused to play, or wanted to go salmon fishing in the Yemen rather than play FIFA 2068 all day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe he invented a board game called Cluedopoly and the others refused to play, or wanted to go salmon fishing in the Yemen rather than play FIFA 2068 all day.
Argument over the novelty pool inflatables? I’d also be pissed off if I wanted the unicorn and got the pizza slice.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Two arrests were made regarding a burglary in Surrey and kept in custody. At the moment they are not linked to the Sterling break in, but investigations are ongoing.

So as I said, nobody was arrested in specific relation to the Sterling break in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here