Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
[tweet]1299827035368546309[/tweet]

this shows the maturity here already, he waited and waited until the right moment came, no panicked lunge ,just bided his time and then stole the ball. I recall a similar one on one with Lampty just after restart where he went to early and gave away a free kick in a dangerous position.
Great composure from White when facing the highest calibre of player he has so far.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
this shows the maturity here already, he waited and waited until the right moment came, no panicked lunge ,just bided his time and then stole the ball. I recall a similar one on one with Lampty just after restart where he went to early and gave away a free kick in a dangerous position.
Great composure from White when facing the highest calibre of player he has so far.

Last sentence is quite the assumption. Did you not see him vs Nuhiu when they played Wednesday? Joking aside, he did well vs Kane for Newport.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Exactly. He had a good season in the Championship, the PL is a massive step up and he needs to be eased in not thrown in. I imagine most of the Leeds fans creaming.their pants about him haven’t even seen Leeds in the PL. Complete over hyping of a young prospect.

the ones that have seen leeds in the champions league and the premier league are the ones who didn't care if white came to leeds or not and are more than happy to spend cash on proven at the top level players, not a 22 year old kid who had one good season in the second division but has reached aged 22 and been untouched nationally. good luck to him, like i said on this thread over the season he is a good player but no where near as good as the hype.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think what's happened also shows a very good character.

It can't have been easy a year ago, to be told that you haven't made the first team squad and that you are going to be loaned out to the second tier. Every player wants to play at the highest level they can.

However, he obviously got his head down, worked hard, and did exactly what the Albion's development team asked, and has now got his reward with a place in the squad :thumbsup:

I would imagine it's the opposite. Each player will have had plenty of discussions with the club about career path and what needs to happen for them and I'm sure Ben knew his was, "2nd, 1st, Championship, and then we'll see".
He'll have known that the plan was a championship club rather than a bit part here last season and the game time has improved his confidence and his sharpness.

You're right about the head down part but I think you are underestimating how well managed the academy lads are.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
the ones that have seen leeds in the champions league and the premier league are the ones who didn't care if white came to leeds or not and are more than happy to spend cash on proven at the top level players, not a 22 year old kid who had one good season in the second division but has reached aged 22 and been untouched nationally. good luck to him, like i said on this thread over the season he is a good player but no where near as good as the hype.
Hmmmm yer ok I think you were saving face because you knew we wouldn't sell to you.

Koch is a weird one, if he's so good why did no big boys go in for him and why was he let go so cheap?

And I take it you realise you probably need to sign at least another 5 premier League quality players to stay up right ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i don't have much face to save, dwayne, am big enough to own my shit and have done for years on here. white did a good job for us, i am unconvinced on if he can do the same against aguero, salah, vardy. he got a lot of time on the ball in the championship to make a pass/decision, we've all seen the man city or liverpool press. he won't have that time again. 40m for a 22 year old kid on he basis of one ok season in the english second divison is insane. he is 22, not once been sniffed at by england. my opinion on him has been same from my very first post about him, i think he is over hyped, he did a good job for us but that is all, he's not maldini's love child

who knows about koch, time will tell. but for the same money you lot wanted for white, unproven at top level, no experience, we got 2 players who have played at the top level, current internationals and for now that is what we need. not taking chances on 22 year olds who may turn out ok, but equally by christmas you may be trying to send him to brentford on loan when he couldn't step up.

of course i realise about strengthening the squad, we aren't all pigthick neanderthals

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you understand that buying players from mid table Europe are also unproven in the Premier League?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
i don't have much face to save, dwayne, am big enough to own my shit and have done for years on here. white did a good job for us, i am unconvinced on if he can do the same against aguero, salah, vardy. he got a lot of time on the ball in the championship to make a pass/decision, we've all seen the man city or liverpool press. he won't have that time again. 40m for a 22 year old kid on he basis of one ok season in the english second divison is insane. he is 22, not once been sniffed at by england. my opinion on him has been same from my very first post about him, i think he is over hyped, he did a good job for us but that is all, he's not maldini's love child

who knows about koch, time will tell. but for the same money you lot wanted for white, unproven at top level, no experience, we got 2 players who have played at the top level, current internationals and for now that is what we need. not taking chances on 22 year olds who may turn out ok, but equally by christmas you may be trying to send him to brentford on loan when he couldn't step up.

of course i realise about strengthening the squad, we aren't all pigthick neanderthals

We didn’t WANT any money for White. He had no price because HE WASNT FOR SALE are you a real bellend or just a bellends stupid bellend brother?

This fantasy “price” you allude to is a fiction created, wrapped and presented by your fans. Check back and just present for me one piece of evidence that Brighton touted White around for £30 million or whatever...go on...I double dare. If you “own your own shit” it’ll be easy won’t it? Go on own this little piece of shit for me mate. It’ll be easy for a switched on, plugged in Yorkshire renaissance man like yourself.

If you can’t do that will you agree to fvck off back to your own semi literate forums and stop stinking out ours?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We didn’t WANT any money for White. He had no price because HE WASNT FOR SALE are you a real bellend or just a bellends stupid bellend brother?

This fantasy “price” you allude to is a fiction created, wrapped and presented by your fans. Check back and just present for me one piece of evidence that Brighton touted White around for £30 million or whatever...go on...I double dare. If you “own your own shit” it’ll be easy won’t it? Go on own this little piece of shit for me mate. It’ll be easy for a switched on, plugged in Yorkshire renaissance man like yourself.

If you can’t do that will you agree to fvck off back to your own semi literate forums and stop stinking out ours?

She’s a lady and has been a good poster on here and part of a very heartfelt NSC story. You’re not to know, but go easy on her and don’t tar her with the brush the silly Leeds fans on here / twitter have created.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
you understand that buying players from mid table Europe are also unproven in the Premier League?

oh blimey, really? i better get on the blower to vic and let him know.

spains number 9 and germany's centre back are a step up on a player who had one good season in the english second division.

anyway, i don't come here on a wind up nor to rile people and appears i have hit a nerve with bevendean hillbilly so will bow out and leave you all to it. my stance is the same, thanks for the effort white but onwards and upwards. he is a good guy and i hope for his sake he can step up (hope you lot have someonw who can work on headers) and do well for you.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
oh blimey, really? i better get on the blower to vic and let him know.

spains number 9 and germany's centre back are a step up on a player who had one good season in the english second division.

anyway, i don't come here on a wind up nor to rile people and appears i have hit a nerve with bevendean hillbilly so will bow out and leave you all to it. my stance is the same, thanks for the effort white but onwards and upwards. he is a good guy and i hope for his sake he can step up (hope you lot have someonw who can work on headers) and do well for you.

Not taking a dig but it's a bit generous to call Koch Germany's Centre Back after 2 appearances.

That would be like us calling Dunk England's Centre Back.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
just meant someone currently playing international football versus a 22 year old who hasn't been looked at at any level for england.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I have seen you post the same since your return to NSC and before this all went mental on Twitter :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
She’s a lady and has been a good poster on here and part of a very heartfelt NSC story. You’re not to know, but go easy on her and don’t tar her with the brush the silly Leeds fans on here / twitter have created.

Noted. She’s still got her head up her arse.

In a nice way.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not taking a dig but it's a bit generous to call Koch Germany's Centre Back after 2 appearances.

That would be like us calling Dunk England's Centre Back.

Koch is the Poundshop Ben White. They wouldn’t have been making bids of 25m (plus add ons) for White if he was as good and available for 13m.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Starry and her husband share the same username. The wife hasn’t posted for a few years now, and Paddy, the husband, has said it’s him posting now.
He has been saying the same thing about BW for a couple of months, and not been deluded like some of the fools we’ve seen on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here