Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do talk some rubbish, as with most Leeds fans. Did it occur to you that he might have some gratitude to a club who signed him when he was 16 and gave him his chance in professional football. That this club actually has taken him from that to a player who will start in the Premier League this season probably.

Whatever you might think about us as a club, there has been a clear plan for progression of young players since we've been at the Amex. Some players have jumped ahead, like Steven Alzate who went from League 2 loan to Premier League, and others have dropped off when they've struggled, but Ben White has followed the ideal path moving up a division each year and now is ready for first team football with us.

As for the best friend argument your fans keep saying, that is so pathetic. I see it as unlikely that they are best friends after knowing each other for a year but, even if they are, most people don't work with their best friend. The idea that would influence anything is embarrassing.

The Leeds fans conveniently ignore the photos on Instagram of Aaron Connelly and Ben White in 2019 on holiday together, and as soon as he finished celebrating with Leeds, Ben returned to go on holiday this year with Aaron.
They've been in the youth set up for years, so more likely to be good mates than someone he only played with for 9 months or so,

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

If we were still knocking about in the Championship with Leeds then sure, I fully expect he would have got some game time. The fact is, we aren't and we wanted him to get experience of that level before throwing him into a PL match. That's why we've sent him on loan to smaller clubs, further down the pyramid so he can be ready.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ben White transfer saga - a recap

Leeds: £18.5m for Ben White?
Brighton: No, he’s not for sale. He’s part of our plans.
Leeds: £22m?
Brighton: NO!
Leeds: Go on, how much? More than £30m?
Brighton: Er… £40m! £50m! LOL
Leeds fans: He’s not worth that! He’s never played in the top-flight blah blah blah.

Brighton have never mentioned a price, only saying he's not for sale. All the rest is fan speculation.

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
Good grief you dull ringpiece.

Firstly, the two he was referring to, were Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis, not Edmondson and De bock. Got to feel sorry for them, knowing now for a FACT (according to Leeds' fans) that their club do not rate them, want them, or care for them.

The rest is just made up lies, and drivel.

White has played first team football for Brighton.

And our likely starting line up is as follows:

Ryan (28)
Lamptey (19)
Webster (25)
Dunk (28)
White (22)
Burn (28)
Bissouma (23)
Alzate (21)
Lallana (32)
Connolly (20)
Maupay (24)

An average age, if it really matters to you, of 24.5

And that's erring on the side of conservatism. I haven't even found space for the full Argentina international no.10, Alexis MacAllister (21), etc.

The current Leeds first XI by the way, actually have an average age of 46, and Kalvin Phillips best friend is actually Ann Hegarty off The Chase, so I heard he's planning on a move to ITV.

I bet the rest of the division are shaking at that line up, White and Dunk excluded. Maupay is hardly prolific, 10 goals was it? Leeds's priority is to get a centre back, a playmaker and a striker so Bamford wont be our number 9

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Woah woah woah, you are doubting Maupay's class and quality? and comparing him to Bamford!!! You are entering the realms of complete and utter delusion now little fella.

A great signing for us who's done brilliantly in his first season at PL level and a decent goal return - what’s your point? Maupay and Bamford shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence currently!

Neal Maupay:
PL appearances 38, Goals 10

Pat Bamford:
PL appearances 27, Goals 1

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Still waiting for your answers.

Do you understand why clubs loan players out? Why do you think they do that, especially young players when they could sell them?

Why do you think Harry Kane was loaned out as a youngster?

Do you think Man Utd “clearly didn’t want Beckham” because he was loaned out to lower leagues?

Why did Chelsea loan out Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount?

I’m willing to make this a teachable moment.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good grief you dull ringpiece.

Firstly, the two he was referring to, were Robbie Gotts and Leif Davis, not Edmondson and De bock. Got to feel sorry for them, knowing now for a FACT (according to Leeds' fans) that their club do not rate them, want them, or care for them.

The rest is just made up lies, and drivel.

White has played first team football for Brighton.

And our likely starting line up is as follows:

Ryan (28)
Lamptey (19)
Webster (25)
Dunk (28)
White (22)
Burn (28)
Bissouma (23)
Alzate (21)
Lallana (32)
Connolly (20)
Maupay (24)

An average age, if it really matters to you, of 24.5

And that's erring on the side of conservatism. I haven't even found space for the full Argentina international no.10, Alexis MacAllister (21), etc.

The current Leeds first XI by the way, actually have an average age of 46, and Kalvin Phillips best friend is actually Ann Hegarty off The Chase, so I heard he's planning on a move to ITV.

Anne Hegerty

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

2)You don't need to worry about Bielsa. He is not stalling on any contract, its just not top of his list right now as he wanted to put his team first to enjoy promotion. If he had no intentions of signing he would have already gone but he is still in Wetherby having photos with the fans and training his team. He is signing no need to be threatened about that.

If you have no interest in understanding why our squad was older and the youth didn't get a chance then why bother even posting such drivel?

Hughton didn't want to play the youth, he had no interest, our average age went from 28 last season to 26 (not 27) this season and we have been a squad in transition. I expect us to be even younger this year with the average age, especially with players like Ben White coming back...

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I bet the rest of the division are shaking at that line up, White and Dunk excluded. Maupay is hardly prolific, 10 goals was it? Leeds's priority is to get a centre back, a playmaker and a striker so Bamford wont be our number 9

not really, as they are too busy laughing at your entire squad.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of football.

You are Palace and I claim my £5.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Still waiting for your answers.

Do you understand why clubs loan players out? Why do you think they do that, especially young players when they could sell them?

Why do you think Harry Kane was loaned out as a youngster?

Do you think Man Utd “clearly didn’t want Beckham” because he was loaned out to lower leagues?

Why did Chelsea loan out Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount?

I’m willing to make this a teachable moment.

come on [MENTION=41581]Northchatty[/MENTION] we're all right behind you, you can do this...............

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Maupay scored the same number of league goals as Lacazette, Greenwood, Deeney and Antonio. More than Giroud, Firmino and the 40m + Haller, to name a few. Not bad for his first season in the PL.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maupay lol. Come on dude!!

Maupay in the championship, not under the divine coaching of the worlds best ever, scored more goals than Bamford, playing for an inferior team, with a smaller budget and without the inspirational, all hail....... mighty Marcelo.

He along with Webster (season before's best championship CB) have found the step up to a be a huge one, because it is.
Bamford who hardly pulled up trees for the championship winners, playing this unbeatable Bielsa Ball, under the guidance of Marcelo almighty and with big budget Leeds is also going to find the step up in class difficult. He totally flopped at our arch rivals Palace.

fwiw - You won the league by 10 points, and finished on the same point total as we did in finishing second to Newcastle -
In a less competitive Championship season, even with the worlds gift to football managers you couldn't outpoint Chris Hughton, and your main man touched by the hands of God playing for the Barcelona of Yorkshire could only muster 16 goals compared to Maupays 28 the season before for little old Brentford.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Oh dear my aching sides :lolol: If our matchday squad conservatively valued at circa £250million+ are going to be so bad how will your threadbare championship squad worth about £50mill tops fare?? Your priority is an entire squad overhaul not just 1 or 2 players sunshine.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Are you having a laugh. Given your current first 11 includes Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper and Patrick Bamford, I think more people would be nervous about playing us than they would facing you. Ignoring the fact we probably still plan to sign three or four more players.

You really haven't been watching Premier League football judging by your comments. Lamptey was constantly praised by commentators for his performances at the end of the season. Bissouma was brilliant in midfield in the last three months of the season and Alzate and Connolly both developed a lot in their first season in the Premier League and will no doubt get even better next season.

This team doesn't even include Veltman and Propper (both Dutch internationals), Mac Allister (an Argentinian international), Trossard (who was called up for Belgium before he got injured last season) and players like Mooy, Gross, Stephens and Murray (who all probably have a lot more Premier League experience than anyone in your squad).

You might think Bielsa will be the difference and keep you up (or make you a top half team) and you may even be right but I would be worrying more about how my team's squad is currently weaker than it was last season instead of coming on our forum and commenting on our team (who stayed up comfortably in the end last season and have brought in/brought back Veltman, White, Clarke, Molumby and Lallana since then)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
U ok hun?

Fantastic signing. Two footed and for a small chap good with his head. He can score all different kind of goals. Mix that in with some good quality goal celebrations and you have a superb signing. Only 23 also. Actually he had his birthday a couple of days ago. Now 24.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You see, you have absolutely NO IDEA what the clubs / players / fans of the rest of the premier league, think of that line up. You are so out of touch with this level of football, that you really haven't a scooby who these players are.

Just for your education, though:

- Ryan is in the top 5 of almost every stat for PL keepers over the last three seasons.
- Lamptey has played 5 PL matches, and been MOTM in at least 3 of them, embarrassing Vardy for pace, along the way.
- Dunk and White, you' know of. Well done. Webster is as good potentially as either.
- Bissouma has run PL games against good sides, and is currently interesting Arsenal and Man City. He will play top 6 in time.
- Alzate was a full Colombia international at 19 years old. He will go to the very, very top. Incredible talent.
- Adam Lallana is another you might have heard of? He is a current English, European and World club champion?
- Connolly is a full international at 19, and is settling in nicely at the highest level.
- You'll do very, very well to sign a newcomer to the PL that does better than Maupay. Villa, West Ham and Newcastle spent £30-£40m each, on Wesley, Haller and Joelinton, and none of them came close.

I've left out of that line up, Joel Veltman (20-cap Dutch international and CL semi finalist last season), full Argentina international Alexis MacAllister, Colombia international winger Jose Izquierdo, Iran's best player Alireza Jahanbaksh, Dutch international midfielder Davy Propper, Ireland's best player Shane Duffy, former Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya, Austarlia international Aaron Mooy, Belgium international Leandro Trossard, England U21 winger Solly March, Derby player of the season Matt Clarke, and our own record top flight goalscorer Glenn Murray.

And before you think I'm overstating the strength and quality of our squad - I'm really not - a squad with that pedigree is simply ROUTINE in the Premier League. That's what you are about to discover.

Seriously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here