Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Is it not ridiculous that all this has gone on all week and until it’s officially on the BBC there’s now talk of pennies dropping?
He never was for sale - they were clearly told that over and over again before he signed his loan deal - did they really think that after his stint there went even better than either side could have hoped for that we’d suddenly turn round and say
Ok you can have him after all?

Well of course it’s ridiculous... have you not seen the Deluded Leeds thread?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
But thats not how they see it on Wacko! Its Brighton saying this to save face to us fans and make White Look like the guilty party when he leaves.

all direct quotes:

A) "https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53757938

Just reads like they're trying to make White out as the bad guy if he's sold"

B) "Hes going to have to put a request in I think"

C) ""No interest in selling" does not mean they will not sell.

D) It's a stance any club would take to:
1. Hold on to a degree of leverage in any potential fee negotiation
2. Appease a fanbase in the event they do end up selling, make the right noises to the right journos and you're making the player the bad guy if he does eventually move"

E) "They'll sell,they've had no major sales for a few seasons now have they? You'd think no crowds and covid might hit a small club like Brighton hard"

F) "White doesn't want to sign a new contract with Brighton - they can try and keep an unhappy player, but unless he plays regularly next season, his value will fall significantly. They'll sell - they'd be stupid not to - but they'll squeeze every last pound out of us first"

G) "One of the most indebted clubs in England - was third a couple of years back and probably worse now - and pretty much shitting it."

Its the Jimmy Saville "we're not selling"

It's like White hasn't been at Brighton since 2014, signed when he was 16 years old.
It's like he wasn't born on the south coast and has friends and family here.
The only history that exists is the 2019/20 season ��

Handing in a transfer request will go nowhere.
And going on strike would not be a good look for a 22yr old on the cusp of Premiership football.
He seems way more level headed than that.

Besides, this is all under some assumption he wants to leave.
He'd be fine at either club and he knows it.
He'll want a better contract, and I'm sure after some negotiation, he'll get one.
Brighton are in the driver's seat.

Oh, and there is no telling how long Bielsa will stay.
2 years is max I would think based on his track record.
Still wondering if his contract is contingent on signings?
Leeds need to get a move on in that department.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But thats not how they see it on Wacko! Its Brighton saying this to save face to us fans and make White Look like the guilty party when he leaves.

all direct quotes:

2. Appease a fanbase in the event they do end up selling, make the right noises to the right journos and you're making the player the bad guy if he does eventually move"

E) "They'll sell,they've had no major sales for a few seasons now have they? You'd think no crowds and covid might hit a small club like Brighton hard"

F) "White doesn't want to sign a new contract with Brighton - they can try and keep an unhappy player, but unless he plays regularly next season, his value will fall significantly. They'll sell - they'd be stupid not to - but they'll squeeze every last pound out of us first"

G) "One of the most indebted clubs in England - was third a couple of years back and probably worse now - and pretty much shitting it."

Their (psychological) problem is that they cannot cope with Brighton declining to agree to what leeds want. It destroys their world view and since their own sense of well-being is inextricably tied to their lower league football team they simply enter a state of denial. They have not been charged for this advice.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Their board of directors will be panicking now big time.

Bielsa is known to be very unpredictable and if he has transfer targets they will need to be met.

We've scupperred one with BW so they'll need to move, and move fast.

Now of course every club knows that mighty Leeds are desperate to put pen to paper with Bielsa so all player valuations will be inflated.

I predict barn door Benteke and Bamford their strike partnership.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Their (psychological) problem is that they cannot cope with Brighton declining to agree to what leeds want. It destroys their world view and since their own sense of well-being is inextricably tied to their lower league football team they simply enter a state of denial. They have not been charged for this advice.

OMG this is perfect. You are right.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Bielsa is known to be very unpredictable and if he has transfer targets they will need to be met.

Now of course every club knows that mighty Leeds are desperate to put pen to paper with Bielsa so all player valuations will be inflated.

Nobody on the board wants to be honest with their fans. That's a big problem.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Leeds lol.

maupay cry.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Surely that bit was made up ?

I'm sure it was, but it is one of the many motivations for us not selling to them.

He's nominated for the championship player of the season, played every minute for them and is seen as an essential part of their success.
Destabilising the Championship winner's squad, won't do us any harm at all next season.
Worth considerably more to us than £30m I suspect.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would guess that very few 22 year olds would consider Leeds a big club.

I would also imagine that a young loanee, being feted by the loan club's fans as the messiah, would probably think the club was a bit...... tinpot.
Particularly when they start mouthing off about how the parent club don't rate him, because they loaned him out... to LEEDs.

Can they really not hear what that actually sounds like?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

all direct quotes:

Lol.

There's a weird psychosis going on in Leeds.

They have in fact just been told in black and *white* that the transfer isn't happening.

Looking forward to the realisation gradually dawning as Transfer Deadline Day relentless keeps approaching and no deal is done.

Twatwits.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Now of course every club knows that mighty Leeds are desperate to put pen to paper with Bielsa so all player valuations will be inflated

This is an intriguing and very satisfying view point.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald

Psychologists are having to update the 5 stages of grief model to account for the Leeds fanbase. Normally, those experiencing grief go through a series of five emotions: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.
Due to cognitive difficulties in understanding reality, exacerbated by malignant narcissism, Leeds fans are doomed to be trapped in a feedback loop of denial and anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here