Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I suspect White will want to go as he has clearly enjoyed his time being a top dog in a promotion winning campaign. As we saw with Dale, we have the Lizard negotiating so we won't be bullied. I suspect this will be a win win for us no matter how it plays out.

Either White will be a Brighton player or we will trouser a shed load plus add-ons.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s ok though as according to Twitter Bielsa attracts the top names so I expect they will be spending 150-200m on the 10 or so players they need to stay up?

He has also has a habit of leaving when things don’t go his way and quite often at the worst possible time.

I forgot how deluded a large section of the their fan base is, self entitlement for success in the 70’s and 80’s.

I for one cannot wait to watch how it unfolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Whatever happens Brighton win.

White stays and we have another good player in the squad.

White leaves and we have a huge chunk of money to help us progress as a team.

I really don’t see a down side to this whichever way it plays out for us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm surprised by the tone of celebration coming out of Leeds. After all they are an absolute giant of a club taking their rightful place.no need to celebrate at all

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Man, I might have to mute Leeds lot on Twitter, just horrific fans. I cannot wait for them to do a Villa. Please don’t let them be a Sheff Utd.

https://twitter.com/batesyv3/status/1284413351305650178

You just know the press / media & pundits will have a total love in, great to have this sleeping giant back bollox.
The lower leagues are littered with sleeping giants, like Sunderland, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth, etc, etc...

Boring....

It’s gonna be hell...

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Man, I might have to mute Leeds lot on Twitter, just horrific fans. I cannot wait for them to do a Villa. Please don’t let them be a Sheff Utd.

https://twitter.com/batesyv3/status/1284413351305650178
Reading through that Twitter thread & some of them really are deluded. They've been promoted less than 24 hours & apparently have a top ten finish in the Premier League already secured with absolutely no threat of relegation next season whatsoever......

They are certainly capable of doing a 'Wolves' or 'Sheffield United' next season but are equally as likely to do a 'Villa' or 'Fulham'

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
It’s ok though as according to Twitter Bielsa attracts the top names so I expect they will be spending 150-200m on the 10 or so players they need to stay up?

He has also has a habit of leaving when things don’t go his way and quite often at the worst possible time.

I forgot how deluded a large section of the their fan base is, self entitlement for success in the 70’s and 80’s.

I for one cannot wait to watch how it unfolds

They actually spent most of the 1980s in the second division.and only won anything between 1968 and 74 and then 1992. Although of course they really won the European Cup, everyone knows that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Leeds fans, August 2019 - 'Who's this kid that's supposed to be replacing Pontius? Never heard of him. We're in trouble'.
Leeds fans, September 2019 - July 2020 - 'Ben White for England! He's the greatest centre half in the country. He'll storm the Premier League.'
Brighton - 'He's only on loan to you, you know?'
Leeds fans - 'But we're Leeds!'
Brighton - 'He's contracted to us.'
Leeds fans - 'But we're Leeds!'
Brighton - 'He signed a contract extension before we loaned him to you.'
Leeds fans - 'He'll be with us. We're Leeds!,
Brighton - 'He is rated at £20m+'
Leeds fans - Player power will see him forcing a move to Leeds. We're Leeds'
Brighton - 'Liverpool are interested'
Leeds fans - 'We're.... Leeds? Oh, I know. Liverpool will buy him and lend him to us.'
Brighton - 'Why would they do that?'
Leeds fans - 'Because we're Leeds'
Brighton - 'I think that we've established that you're Leeds. What effect does that fact have on this situation?'
Leeds fans - 'We're Leeds.'
Brighton - 'Congratulations to Ben on the promotion. Looking forward to him rejoining us for the new season.'
Leeds fans - 'He won't leave. We're Leeds.'
Cut to Ben White starting for Brighton at Elland Road:
Leeds fans - 'Boo! We hate the player who helped us get promoted!'
Brighton - 'Why would you feel that way?'
Leeds fans - 'We're Leeds.'

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

This is a slightly older news article from the club (May), but it clearly shows how definite Ashworth is about keeping Ben here. Feel free to share this to Leeds fans.

“We’ve been delighted with his progress and Leeds have done a fantastic job with him,” said Ashworth.

“He’s done really well, and Leeds have done great in helping him develop – he’s played a lot of matches. We’re not surprised at how well he’s done, and we rate him highly.

“He signed a new deal last summer before he went out [on loan] so when he comes back, we’ll see where we are, but he is part of our plans and a talent we’ll be looking to keep for a number of years at the club.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1666125/ashworths-delighted-with-white

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Twitter isn't completely representative I know, but they must have some of the stupidest fans going. Thick as sh1t up there.

The only time I've had to do an en masse Twitter block was Leeds fans because one of the stupid thickets mistook a reference to the Millwall fan who got involved in the terror attack on London Bridge and thought I might have been referencing Istanbul. It's literally all about them all of the time. Worse than Massive Wednesday and will be hilarious when they go straight back down and spend another 30 or so years in the wilderness.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
From today’s per match news conference

GP: "He is contracted with us and he is on loan at Leeds.

"He is our player, It is fantastic he has had this year with Leeds.

"I think everybody win in terms of Ben got experience and Leeds achieved promotion. But we rate him highly.

"He is a really good player and thankfully he is our player."

To paraphrase, dear Leeds, you are not getting White, so start looking elsewhere

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Its all down to money though. If Leeds offer what we want and White wants to go to them then it will happen. Contracts are broken quite happily when money is involved. Leeds are def in danger of doing a Fulham but Im yet to see any body language from White that says his heart is with Brighton.

in what scenario have you been watching his body language?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Their arrogance is astounding. They literally have no power in the situation, and yes they're a big club, but we're about to enter our 4th prem season when they've not been up here for 16 years. Not a chance he goes Leeds, either we keep him and he starts for us next year (most likely outcome) or he's sold for an astronomical fee to a top 4 side. A serious reality check needed up there.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Here's a couple of gems....
f906b5aa3356315c53980a4517adaabf.jpg
98512ff95305bb999a882fca17914d14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A great outcome for BHA.

Our objectives have been achieved by his loan to Leeds: White gained serious game time and experience in the Championship, he looks comfortable at that level and his stock has risen. He isn't the finished article but ready to fit into an Albion team evolving under Potter. I look forward to see him playing in the PL for us.

Meanwhile I'm sure that White will be enjoying this moment with Leeds - but hopefully BHA have kept in close contact over the season and ensured he is feeling enough love for us that he would be content to return.

Hopefully, White will be professional and recognise that BHA have carefully and effectively managed his development via series of sensible loans up to this point. I imagine BHA will already have a decent PL level package in place for White.The only worry is whether his head is turned by his agent or media hype. However White seems a sensible lad.

Worse case scenario: Tony Bloom plays hardball until someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse and White moves on - while we invest that money elsewhere in the team. Not a bad position for BHA.

Gafones

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton
Hmmm ... I would always choose Brighton over Leeds but I am a lifelong fan. Don't imagine Ben White grew up supporting the Albion in Poole.
If I was at Bournemouth/Southampton and had the chance to start in the Premier League for Leeds, with Marcelo Bielsa in charge, adored by the crowd, or warm the bench at anywhere other than Brighton, it would be a simple decision. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here