Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The Sun have us refusing to sell to Leeds or other relegation rivals but describes us as cash strapped

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
The Sun have us refusing to sell to Leeds or other relegation rivals but describes us as cash strapped

We probably are to some extent. Barber said recently how much we, and others, are being affected by not having match day income and by having to pay back TV money. Whether that'll lead to departures or fewer new players remains to be seen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Charlie Wyett describes us as having a 40m 'black hole'
We made a £20 million loss last season + a potential £20 million COVID loss would give beer mat scribblings of a £40 million "black hole" ?

But we didn't get relegated so still have next season's (reduced) TV money.

Might need to get 2 or 3 off the wage bill though ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Did i see someone with an avatar of White in the new kit?
That'll wind Leeds up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We made a £20 million loss last season + a potential £20 million COVID loss would give beer mat scribblings of a £40 million "black hole" ?

But we didn't get relegated so still have next season's (reduced) TV money.

Might need to get 2 or 3 off the wage bill though ?

From the £20m I believe approximately £5m was attributable to the cost of changing management.
Work has been done on reducing the wage bill, but I suspect more is required on that front.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We probably are to some extent. Barber said recently how much we, and others, are being affected by not having match day income and by having to pay back TV money. Whether that'll lead to departures or fewer new players remains to be seen.

Knockaert gone and Duffy almost certainly going for starters. A few others that GP doesn’t seem to favour as well, like Ali J and Bernardo.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where are you getting that £14m figure from? If it’s that tweet from someone posing as a journalist with 300 twitter followers please please please remove it from your brain as it’s pure bollocks! Whoever posted that in the Lallana thread should have known better than to put false info on here. Nobody will really know what it’s worth - nobody who would write it on twitter anyway.

It was a figure mentioned somewhere but the point of my post was to debunk the idea that Lallana will be on 90K.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a figure mentioned somewhere but the point of my post was to debunk the idea that Lallana will be on 90K.

Yeh correct - he’ll get a large proportion of his ‘wages’ as a signing on fee I’m sure - so technically we don’t break our salary cap. Simple business although slightly misleading with the weekly wage figure that will come out of it! But that £14mil is a rubbish guess I assure you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeh correct - he’ll get a large proportion of his ‘wages’ as a signing on fee I’m sure - so technically we don’t break our salary cap. Simple business although slightly misleading with the weekly wage figure that will come out of it! But that £14mil is a rubbish guess I assure you.

Doesn’t sound that rubbish.....£5m sign on fee and £60k/week for 3 years roughly. Quite plausible I would have thought.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn’t sound that rubbish.....£5m sign on fee and £60k/week for 3 years roughly. Quite plausible I would have thought.

Sorry, I meant a guess that’s based on nothing so is rubbish. I thought I’d worded that wrong! Personally I’d guess more like £2m signing on fee and £40k a week whatever that adds up to. Point is, he doesn’t know and nor do I - could be a lot more or a lot less, especially with 3 year contract in mind. When something is posted on here from a fake / kids guessing account, some people (esp those not familiar with twatter), consume that information almost naturally as true / potentially true without realising it’s not at all!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry, I meant a guess that’s based on nothing so is rubbish. I thought I’d worded that wrong! Personally I’d guess more like £2m signing on fee and £40k a week whatever that adds up to. Point is, he doesn’t know and nor do I - could be a lot more or a lot less, especially with 3 year contract in mind. When something is posted on here from a fake / kids guessing account, some people (esp those not familiar with twatter), consume that information almost naturally as true / potentially true without realising it’s not at all!

Fair enough.......I have no idea either, just didn’t sound unreasonable ! Can’t see hime coming for much less to be honest

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough.......I have no idea either, just didn’t sound unreasonable ! Can’t see hime coming for much less to be honest

I really don’t know much at all about what players are on and what they’re on here. The only player I have an understanding of is Steve Cook at Bournemouth cos someone I know works with his brother and even that could be bollocks (can’t even remember what it was - maybe £40k) but I do know there’s all sorts of bonuses etc built in these days so difficult to tell. Even above your post Munkfish has said Dunk is on £90k which would amaze me but I don’t know how much of this is rumours or Chinese whispers etc. Either way, footballers wages are MENTAL!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Just seen an article on 'The Athletic' website that says Leeds have told their players AND ergo a certain Mr White to cut short their holidays and return to the UK pretty damn quick from their holidays in Ibiza.........so to all those Leeds fans who thought Leeds players would spend the next two weeks in White's ears banging on about coming back to Leeds in aint going to happen now! Boo f***in hoo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here