Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly known to us, you say? I had to trawl through several Ben White threads before I got this one from three years ago regarding his loan to Newport County.
Maybe you haven't taken much notice but he was well known on Nsc and to those who look out for our youth.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?354435-Ben-White&highlight=newport+county

I wouldn’t bother with logic if you are going to argue with what I assume is a Leeds’ fan

Edit - or maybe not looking at the join date and user name

Ignore me!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ben White is SO Potter.
He will stay at Albion, and he will start.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Are you a Leeds fan? You don’t seem to grasp business sense here (and we both agree Tony is a don with business). Again think about it:

Are you a Leeds fan? - Dumb question..

- why would we sell for £30m? - Thats a great profit for a player whose head may well have been turned by Leeds and who may not want to play for us anymore and who may be a disruptive personality in the dressing room.

You keep on saying, or assume that’s enough, why?- Question makes no sense.

Are we desperate for money? - With Covid and a probably minus 60% gate or possibly no attendances next season absolutely yes.

- why would we sell an asset who is under contract for that price, when his value could potentially double after 1 season? - Because the asset doesn't want to play for us. Because another club including a top 6 offers enough to get TB interested enough.

Or if he becomes a superstar even more? - What is your point?

- why is it in our interests to strengthen a relegation rival? - Perhaps they won't be a relegation rival? Perhaps they will. Doesn't matter whether they are or are not. If they are it means White isnt doing well!

Luckily Tony Bloom has business sense so this sort of muddled thinking won't come into it

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I wouldn’t bother with logic if you are going to argue with what I assume is a Leeds’ fan

Edit - or maybe not looking at the join date and user name

Ignore me!

I was about to reply with a ' for heavens sake ' comment and then saw your Edit. :)

I didn't say unknown....I said hardly known. Thanks largely to a few posters NSC is well aware of our emerging talent. But many Albion fans are not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think this thread, along with the Leeds keyboard warrior postings, are quite hilarious. The only way White will not be with us next season is if there is a quite ludicrous offer for him. He’s precisely the kind of product Lancing was built for so we don’t have to look to spunk millions on possible bargains from Europe. Leeds was just part of his education, that’s all.

Covid permitting, I am very much looking forward to singing ‘Ben White, he’s one of our own’ when we play Leeds. [emoji3][emoji3]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think this thread, along with the Leeds keyboard warrior postings, are quite hilarious. The only way White will not be with us next season is if there is a quite ludicrous offer for him. He’s precisely the kind of product Lancing was built for so we don’t have to look to spunk millions on possible bargains from Europe. Leeds was just part of his education, that’s all.

Covid permitting, I am very much looking forward to singing ‘Ben White, he’s one of our own’ when we play Leeds. [emoji3][emoji3]

He's not quite one of our own, when he was born in Dorset!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Looking back, the most that a club has contracted a Championship only player for is Albion for Webster. £30m alone would be nuts for a player with no EPL experience. I'd say he's coming back. Even if a bigger club comes in they would need to sign him with a view to going straight into their first team.

I think he's starting for us in September.

It's £40-50M because we don't want to sell. His value is probably similar to Webster, perhaps actually more than that, but the price would be significantly inflated beyond his value because we don't want to sell him and we don't have to.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What makes and laugh is that now Leeds fans saying that G P, and Brighton now rate him. They seem to not understand why loaning a player out to a team in a lower division does.
We know how good he is, just needed more experience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's £40-50M because we don't want to sell. His value is probably similar to Webster, perhaps actually more than that, but the price would be significantly inflated beyond his value because we don't want to sell him and we don't have to.

How can his value be more than Webster who has had a season in the PL? If Leeds want to get mugged we can make it so but no way is White worth more than Webster as things stand imo

Long term who knows but it’s a gamble

Webster is now worth more than the 20 million we paid for him, is White? Again Leeds MIGHT pay more than that but....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If( big if) we did sell White to the dirties, how long before they do what they always do, and sell their best player to Manchester United?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How can his value be more than Webster who has had a season in the PL? If Leeds want to get mugged we can make it so but no way is White worth more than Webster as things stand imo

He's worth and what the value we put on him is purely subjective. If we aren't selling him then we value him higher than anyone is prepared to pay until the bid is too high for us to say no. That is unlikely to happen. If we get him to sign a new contract giving him PL money his worth goes up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Webster is now worth more than the 20 million we paid for him, is White? Again Leeds MIGHT pay more than that but....

I mean more than Webster when we bought him. I.e. in todays market £20-£25M. But we wouldn't sell him for value, we are intent on keeping him here, hence the £40-£50M price tag.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If( big if) we did sell White to the dirties, how long before they do what they always do, and sell their best player to Manchester United?

Indeed... and I really think there is a big difference between selling a player to Liverpool for £35 million and selling him for the same amount to a club that is likely to be a direct rival, no matter how much sense of entitlement some of their graceless fans demonstrate....

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Interesting to see the clubs tweet today about Ben White being a part of our future and linking Leeds official twitter page to it. Be interesting to see how the club deals with this.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking back, the most that a club has contracted a Championship only player for is Albion for Webster. £30m alone would be nuts for a player with no EPL experience. I'd say he's coming back. Even if a bigger club comes in they would need to sign him with a view to going straight into their first team.

I think he's starting for us in September.

No it isn't nuts for a highly rated English CB who is younger than Webster who went for 20 million. Is he worth that amount ? I don't think so but that's the market we are dealing with nowadays.

I think your brain is stuck inn the Withdean years, fella. Highly rated English players come at a premium

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting to see the clubs tweet today about Ben White being a part of our future and linking Leeds official twitter page to it. Be interesting to see how the club deals with this.

Will it though?

White is an Albion player - everything else is just noise from a bunch of Villa wannabes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Marcelo Bielsa what has he done to get all this crap written about him. He has not won much and seems to disappear as soon as he get places. May be a good coach but you'd think he was the best in the world he's not.

have you not been watching, he worked a miracle he got a small town club and serial bottlers called Leeds United promoted to the PL

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Indeed... and I really think there is a big difference between selling a player to Liverpool for £35 million and selling him for the same amount to a club that is likely to be a direct rival, no matter how much sense of entitlement some of their graceless fans demonstrate....

I have suggested to a few of the more arrogant dirty Leeds fans on twitter that they are Manchester United’s feeder club, they do get very angry, don’t they.

Ferdinand, Smith, Cantona, Jordan , McQueen.:lolol::lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No it isn't nuts for a highly rated English CB who is younger than Webster who went for 20 million. Is he worth that amount ? I don't think so but that's the market we are dealing with nowadays.

I think your brain is stuck inn the Withdean years, fella. Highly rated English players come at a premium

My point here is that £30m would be £10m more than has been paid previously for any English player with no EPL experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here