Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the players all went off on their holibobs, and basically Potter had to wait until the start of pre-season before he started running the ruler over the squad and youth set up. White was already gone before the start of pre-season. We pretty much know he looked at Alzate and Connolly and said they're not going anywhere. No meandering.

White was the first loan we agreed and he was a Leeds player by 01 July. Ostigard didn't go until 18 July, Gyökeres 25 July, Clarke 02 Aug. Supposition on my part, but think the White deal was down without GP having much of a say, otherwise you surely would have waited a few weeks into pre-season and seen a friendly or 2 and let him have a look? Or as [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] says, around the week of signing his contract GP said to the club loan BW out but keep all the rest for pre-season as he wants a look at them all...

What I actually said was Potter really wanted Webster, making the decision on White even easier.

Are we to be believed then that a year ago you were writing:-

'I wish we'd kept White he would have easily done a job on Troy Deaney'.

GPott kept Connolly because I'm the fourth best striker at the club and I make Nello, in his cameo for Stoke, look like Marco Van Basten.

In Potter's eyes last season the fourth best centre half, at the club, was a player despite being technically 'limited' is one of, if not, the best defenders in the country.

White to Leeds is as sound today as we ALL agreed it was 13 months ago.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Another ex footballer trying to make a name for himself. I find it insulting that all these ex footballers are disrespectful to Brighton. Hopefully it White stays he will be asked to explain why he stayed at Brighton, and hopefully he has to come down here as a co commentator on tv.

To be fair I think the pundits on telly have been salivating over Potter and Brighton.
It's mainly fans who see us as perennial relegation fodder #TeamsLikeBrighton
That's on us to change perception on the field. Arsenal fans won't underestimate us. Potter even beat them 2:1 at the Emirates with Östersund.

But definately agree on the randoms (like Noel Whelan) looking to stay relevant in clickbait articles.

This article absolutely sums up the clickbait revenue model.

1. Find a bloke called Kevin Phillips (close to Kalvin Phillips).
2. Write a headline using just his surname.
3. Write what the Leeds fans want to hear and get him to sign off on it.
4. Hey presto! It's a banger!

I woke up and read it in bed. I thought it was Kalvin Philips and that the deal was done. He was off to Leeds.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Seen a number of Leeds and Brighton fans cracking the last few days.

Fans on either side want it over.

Brighton fans really shouldn't be cracking. We have time on our side. Let it play out.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wow. Best clickbait ever: ‘Phillips makes huge Ben White transfer claim’.

I read the whole thing thinking it was Kalvin Philips of Leeds! In my defence it’s 7am here in New York and I haven’t had a coffee.

It’s actually Kevin Phillips who has never played or coached for Leeds or Brighton, and I’m not sure why they made an article?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...phillips-makes-huge-ben-white-transfer-claim/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fyi your debunked post has made it into wacko. They're obviously taking the piss and have changed their Ben White thread title, which now includes "Debunked"!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I find Bielsa's contract situation with Leeds very interesting. Even if Ben White was minded to leave us for Leeds, why the hell would he do that if Bielsa is currently out of contract and could depart at any given moment?

The ONLY realistic chance Leeds have of getting White is if Bielsa has inked a new deal, guaranteeing he'll be there when the Prem starts. Even then they'd have to stump up at least another £5 million.

Every day Bielsa doesn't sign the contract weakens Leeds hand in their transfer negotiations with all parties, not just White, and with their opening match away at Liverpool in just 23 days time.

It has already been 29 days since the season ended. The likelihood is he will sign, but this is the same guy who walked out on Lazio just 2 days into the job over lack of signings. The only business Leeds have done to date is re-sign Meslier, Harrison and Helder Costa and bring in a few kids. I'd be very worried if I was a Leeds fan.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was talking to a member of my extended family down from Leeds yesterday and I was laughing my socks off...

"He doesn't even want to come back to Brighton. He loves Leeds. With us he'll be playing for England in no time..." :bla:

"Then make a stupid offer... not a p*ss-take £22m"

"I reckon' we'll offer £50m for him"

"Offer accepted. Sign here."

*whips bar mat out

I find Bielsa's contract situation with Leeds very interesting. Even if Ben White was minded to leave us for Leeds, why the hell would he do that if Bielsa is currently out of contract and could depart at any given moment?

The ONLY realistic chance Leeds have of getting White is if Bielsa has inked a new deal, guaranteeing he'll be there when the Prem starts. Even then they'd have to stump up at least another £5 million.

Every day Bielsa doesn't sign the contract weakens Leeds hand in their transfer negotiations with all parties, not just White, and with their opening match away at Liverpool in just 23 days time.

It has already been 29 days since the season ended. The likelihood is he will sign, but this is the same guy who walked out on Lazio just 2 days into the job over lack of signings. The only business Leeds have done to date is re-sign Meslier, Harrison and Helder Costa and bring in a few kids. I'd be very worried if I was a Leeds fan.

Can you be worried, deluded and stupid all at the same time ?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

THIS. I've been saying this for ages.

Bielsa is a double edged sword.

Once you sit down at the negotiating table you have to consider long term stability.

With Bielsa there our absolutely no guarantees. Does whatever he wants. It's all just a hobby for him. And won't sign contracts over 1yr. Even if he does will still leave if he wants.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

for the love of god........i keep telling you lot.........it doesn't matter as their fans believe they are a massive club which translates to a 40 point head start vs the rest of the league.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I was talking to a member of my extended family down from Leeds yesterday and I was laughing my socks off...

"He doesn't even want to come back to Brighton. He loves Leeds. With us he'll be playing for England in no time..." :bla:

"Then make a stupid offer... not a p*ss-take £22m"

"I reckon' we'll offer £50m for him"

"Offer accepted. Sign here."

*whips bar mat out

For $50m I want to buy Nunez and Ainsley Maitland-Niles and a left wing back (Pedraza?).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Even if he signs apparently it’s only a 1 year deal which does not represent any long term commitment to the club or manager. Given how central Bielsa appears to be to Leeds success it is a setup with a very short shelf life

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
for the love of god........i keep telling you lot.........it doesn't matter as their fans believe they are a massive club which translates to a 40 point head start vs the rest of the league.

For me it's not about the fans.

It's about attracting players to your club on 3yr contracts.

Looks unstable as fluck.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Even if he signs apparently it’s only a 1 year deal which does not represent any long term commitment to the club or manager. Given how central Bielsa appears to be to Leeds success it is a setup with a very short shelf life

I think he was perfect for Championship. Lot of revolving doors and loans etc.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
THIS. I've been saying this for ages.

Bielsa is a double edged sword.

Once you sit down at the negotiating table you have to consider long term stability.

With Bielsa there our absolutely no guarantees. Does whatever he wants. It's all just a hobby for him. And won't sign contracts over 1yr. Even if he does will still leave if he wants.

Ben White needs to consider how he'll perform under Pulis or Allardyce once the crowd turns and God runs away.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's the Yorkshire way.
'Yorkshire born and bred, thick of arm and thick of head!'

'Say what I like and bloody like what I say'

Nicely covers them I think. And don't forget a top night out is a racist comedian who's finale is putting a ferret down his trousers!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]843198742354411520[/tweet]

I’ve just had the misfortune of reading the Leeds fans’ replies to that tweet. Utter, utter bellends of the highest order. Blue coat guy clearly being a **** - flat cap old man behind shouts **** off, and fella in wheelchair a **** too gobbing off. Throw in the classic Leeds / Northern homophobic tweets and you have Leeds Utd. God, what a bunch of utter scumbags. All because Brighton are a bigger club with a better team now too, and won’t just let them have a player below our valuation. Scum.

Really hope we push on next season and I’ll now have 2 teams I want to lose every week in that division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here