Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Spot the inconsistency:

Valued at 40million

Being offered 20k a week to sign a new contract

So, are you selling him or keeping him, as tbh it's not quite clear.

Leeds fans spend too much time wading through tabloid and clickbait sites and getting themselves hot and bothered on Twatter.

He’s our player, under contract, we loaned him to you to aid his development, where he did very well, the loan agreement was clear that you had no option to buy.
Get over it.
We rate him and he’s not for sale.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seems the Champions of Europe cannot accept being used by a team like Brighton

Waaaaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
https://motleedsnews.com/news/remarkable-new-twist-in-ben-white-transfer-saga-as-times-journalist-makes-big-brighton-claim-leeds-united/

Some slightly more realistic commentary from the Leeds website. Looks like the penny is finally starting to drop!

Only slightly... Still struggling with the concept of an 'existing' contract.

Both the club and Ben may want a new contract signed but it is not the end of the relationship if there isn't one, as implied by that article.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have just seen a tweet that said that Leeds have just unfollowed Ben White. So I looked, They follow 77 accounts and I can't see Ben White there. Hopefully they have finally got the hint.

They unfollowed him on both Twitter and Instagram last night. There will be much gnashing of the teeth. I love it!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They unfollowed him on both Twitter and Instagram last night. There will be much gnashing of the teeth. I love it!

Wow really they unfollowed him...................

What does that mean? End of it, finished?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Just saw some clips of this Ben White lad playing for Leeds last season, I understand he is an Albion player? How much did we pay Leeds for him as he looks quite good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It’s like when you dump a bird. You know she’s finally accepted the situation, has stopped trying to convince herself otherwise and will no longer phone you crying at 2am, when she unfriends you on Facebook.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's classic. They seem to be stuck between stages 2 & 3:

kucc88bler-ross-model-of-the-five-stages-of-grief-nathan-wood-consulting.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Only slightly... Still struggling with the concept of an 'existing' contract.

Both the club and Ben may want a new contract signed but it is not the end of the relationship if there isn't one, as implied by that article.

The difference in their views on a) Bielsa (expired contract & protracted negotiations for a new one) and b) Ben White (2 years to run on current deal + 1 yr option for us to extend, but rumoured ongoing negotiations about an even better deal for the player) is amazing

a) = There's no problem here
b) = HE WANTS TO LEAVE, HE'LL NEVER SIGN A NEW CONTRACT #FREEBENWHITE

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Brighton players 21 years old or under with 19/20 league experience:
Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Lamptey - combined 36 starts, 24 coming on as subs. Bearing in mind Alzate's injury that should have been a higher number of starts and subs.

Leeds players 21 years old or under with league experience:
Struijk, Davis, Casey, Poveda, Gotts, Bogusz, Shackleton, Stevens, Roberts - combined 20 starts, 44 coming on as sub. 12 of those starts are Roberts and 5 are Shackleton, they also have about two thirds of the sub appearances between them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
HeadLiner posts something unbelievable f**kin stupid.

So stupid my cat, who's dead, still has enough cognitive function to roll it's eyes when confronted by the sheer ignorant twatisome of the comment, still gets a dozen replies.

Now let's all jump in my DeLorean and set the dial forward by 3 weeks:-

'Won't someone ban this f**kin troll idiot HeadLiner, do your job mods'.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Lamptey - combined 36 starts, 24 coming on as subs. Bearing in mind Alzate's injury that should have been a higher number of starts and subs.

Struijk, Davis, Casey, Poveda, Gotts, Bogusz, Shackleton, Stevens, Roberts - combined 20 starts, 44 coming on as sub. 12 of those starts are Roberts and 5 are Shackleton, they also have about two thirds of the sub appearances between them.

And that's Premier League experience with the Albion not the Cloggers Championship.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Not to mention the above also have some international experience.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Oh bless you. Can't you see? It's all part of Bielsa's Master Plan! They WANT us to think they've given up, then all of a sudden BANG, we'll accidentally accept a £5m bid for him when we're not paying attention and White will be FREE!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh bless you. Can't you see? It's all part of Bielsa's Master Plan! They WANT us to think they've given up, then all of a sudden BANG, we'll accidentally accept a £5m bid for him when we're not paying attention and White will be FREE!

4bya2x.jpg

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Noel whelan in Yorkshire paper today. Leeds need to move on from Ben White as £50 million is to much, £30 million about right for him. A couple of days ago he was saying £20 million was to much. Just be pissed up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here