Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
3-4-1-2

Ryan
Webster - Dunk - White
Lamptey - Bissouma - AMN - Pedraza
Lallana
Connolly - Maupay

Subs: Walton, Burn, Veltman, Alzate, Trossard, Mac Allister, New Striker​

:drool:

Edit: Imagine how many different formations you can make with just those 18 players. Could switch to 4-3-3 without making a sub!

New striker on the bench ??

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I keep seeing articles about Clarke going on loan again.

Derby want him back but I suspect he could go anywhere in the Championship.

Maybe we'll have another Ben White situation next year.

Maybe that's the plan going forwards. Help teams to promotion with all our upcoming centrebacks and then dismantle their back line... :p

Clarke is quality .
He’s been overshadowed by white, who is a sexier kind of player .
I hope we he doesn’t slip away from the club .
He’s a rolls Royce of a defender

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Now their players (Phillips) are wading in, apparently it is ridiculous that we are asking so much for Ben. Actually, we are not asking for any money, BECAUSE WE DON’T WANT TO SELL, YOU MORON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Now their players (Phillips) are wading in, apparently it is ridiculous that we are asking so much for Ben. Actually, we are not asking for any money, BECAUSE WE DON’T WANT TO SELL, YOU MORON.

Indeed under that thick northern skin, is a thick northern skull followed by complete emptiness

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That’s the usual tedious noise.

ManU TV (Sky) and all the usual ex-player suspects such as Scholes have been relentless in their daily propaganda dribble on why Sancho should leave Dortmund. Much talk of how unreasonable Dortmund are in sticking to their price tag and (passed) deadline. Cleverly orchestrated to get Sancho to hand in a transfer request.

Another bit of modern football to avoid. Kalvin Phillips is both arrogant and desperate.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Where is Philips being quoted? source?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Still unsure what 1st choice Defence will look like to fit in White. Which I think is key for him to stay.

Lamptey
White
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Veltman
New LB

Even if we take out unfortunate Burn, to fit in White, that would mean Lamptey, or Veltman not playing. Unless Lamptey moves higher up pitch and Veltman play right back. But, that's still a back 5, what does that mean for midfield?

Do we go 5-4-1, with Lallana acting like a deeper number 10?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I'd imagine Lamptey will miss a few games due to age and consistency. I think like you say we will also see games where Lamptey is in LM and Veltman behind. I think there is also a distinct possibility that Ben White will get games at CDM.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I may have misunderstood your point so apologies if so......but the days of clubs only speaking to players' representatives after a fee has been agreed are long gone.

I have no idea what is happening with White, i just mean in general.

pretty sure they havent. they might have unofficial discussions, easy enough if your on loan, that and proper contract talk would be tapping up and still naughty.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd imagine Lamptey will miss a few games due to age and consistency. I think like you say we will also see games where Lamptey is in LM and Veltman behind. I think there is also a distinct possibility that Ben White will get games at CDM.

Dont know about others, and Potters formations are impossible to predict, but I wouldnt personally mind seeing a bit more Hughton'esque pragmatism against the the top 4 - We were badly showed up a couple of times last season trying to play our way against much better players.

Lamptey at home against bottom half every time, away at Citeh, maybe a few more old heads and bit more defensive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here