Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If there is even a whiff of tapping up of a loanee they'll be off the loan-to list for sure.

Shame.

I thought they did a really good job with Ben, the loan could not have gone better in my opinion with regards to his opportunities, he certainly seems a little better set for the Premier League with us than Webster was last year.

Anyway, the northern club and their fans have clearly misunderstood the difference between a development loan and a loan-to-buy which has soured everything at the end.

A starting point for Leeds’ CB shopping spree might well be the relegated EPL clubs. Some nice players for them to get excited about like Godfrey of Norwich, Dawson of Watford or Cook of B’Muff.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Seems increasingly unlikely that we’ll see dunk and white in the same team next year. Fear one will go but surely not both.

Add to that the departure of Duffy we could go from a sublime defensive set up to a shambles.

I’m assured that brighton will play this the right way.

It would make no sense at all to sell white to Leeds. If the asking price is met by anyone else then it’s a different story.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

Dear oh dear.

You really are wasting a lot of energy on this one. The fact you think there is even the slightest chance of you signing White is really quite desperately sad, as it shows a complete lack of understanding of the position you are in as a club now. This one is going to hit the ground hard and the justifications from your fans as to why he didn't move to you will make delightful reading when the time comes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The thing that gets me amused is that Leeds fans are hyper excited and reckon we're rattled because they've had two bids rejected... Just shows us that its going to cost them £30m to get a player with no PL experience, simply to start next season with the team they had last season.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Watching the Leeds fans is hilarious as it hasn’t dawned on them yet what is happening.

Either brinksmanship from Whites agent to get the deal they want

Or White is pushing for a move.

Problem is ...... if he is pushing for a move I don’t think it’s going to be to Leeds. It’s no coincidence that the day after the bids are turned down and news of contracts rejected that now Liverpool and Chelsea are being named.

If he is off (which I’m not convinced yet he is) it will be to a far larger club than Leeds.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
p.s. I will add that what you never must accept at any club, is a player who doesn't want to be there. We've seen it with Cantona, Kewell, Ferdinand, Currie and McQueen. All you can do is get the best deal you can and get them out. The consequences of not doing so can be difficult and you can see with Bale and Ozil how it can surround a club with negativity unless resolved.
Sorry pal you should talk to Dale Stephens about that. We've got history of keeping players that have wanted to leave and turning it around quite happily. Bens not going to Leeds end of.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The Leeds fans have done a marvellous job of hyping up White and now it looks like the the big clubs are circling with their cheque books open.

Thanks Leeds we are probably going to get over his market value now to invest back into our starting 11.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Leeds may well sign BW but it will be very much Pyrrhic Victoria.

If BW was last piece of the jigsaw then going full out and paying the asking price would make sense. However, the Leeds squad is shocking! Fernandez is 35 and won’t last a full season, bamford is appalling and the defence even with BW ( assuming he steps up) is in for a torrid time. A defence that isn’t going to fill the front line of any of the premier league teams with dread.
Spending a good sized proportion of your budget on an unproven premier league defender is a very big risk, when you need at least 4 other premier standard players.

So TB may consider selling him but it will be for our benefit and not theirs. He could really screw them over.

I’ve said it before but if your whole strategy is based on an un tried 22 year old then your are ****ed. The pressure on his young shoulders will be immense. He needs to sit down with the premier league highlights and watch just how much difference there is between championship and Premier league front lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If there is even a whiff of tapping up of a loanee they'll be off the loan-to list for sure.

Agree with this. Teams will question whether they should send promising players to Leeds now on loan.This could backfire on Leeds longer term.
And BTW, White won't be going to Leeds.Tony Bloom won't be bullied into any deal by anyone, let alone a bunch of rabid Yorkshiremen.
Time for Leeds to move on and get another CB in for pre season training. If they don't do that quick then Bielsa will walk off with his bucket.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
p.s. I will add that what you never must accept at any club, is a player who doesn't want to be there. We've seen it with Cantona, Kewell, Ferdinand, Currie and McQueen. All you can do is get the best deal you can and get them out. The consequences of not doing so can be difficult and you can see with Bale and Ozil how it can surround a club with negativity unless resolved.

The difference is that Bale and ozil are proven internationals on massive wages. Ben White has never played in the prem, is on relatively small wages and the club could afford to leave him in the reserves if we wanted to. The fact you compare someone who has never played in the prem with two world stars just because he was brilliant for Leeds shows how far you have fallen.

I want white to stay but to compare him to World Cup winner ozil and champions league winner bale is ridiculous.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
If BW was last piece of the jigsaw then going full out and paying the asking price would make sense. However, the Leeds squad is shocking! Fernandez is 35 and won’t last a full season, bamford is appalling and the defence even with BW ( assuming he steps up) is in for a torrid time. A defence that isn’t going to fill the front line of any of the premier league teams with dread.
Spending a good sized proportion of your budget on an unproven premier league defender is a very big risk, when you need at least 4 other premier standard players.

Absolutely. Leeds have already committed £38m converting loans into permanent deals so far, their fans seem to think White and a striker is all they need.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

I’ve said it before but if your whole strategy is based on an un tried 22 year old then your are ****ed.

Yup. And we could sell Dunk N Duffy, and still, White would not be guaranteed a starting berth as he still needs to convince Potter he is ahead or equal to the likes of Webster (great post lockdown), Veltman (played in Champions League semi-final last year) Burn (A natural centre back and Potter favourite ) & Clarke (left footed and Derby POTS and almost criminally underrated by some of us due to the noise around White at dirty Leeds). That’s assuming Potter does not take a fancy to Băluță or Østigård creating more competition for young Ben.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Our squad is developing with Potter type players and White is one of them.
Also, from a financial position we are balancing the books.
Knockaert sold for £10m plus we got a £4m loan fee fee last season. Duffy likely to go to WBA for £10/£13m. Ali J to Holland for £8m/£10m.
Ins, Lallana. Signing on fee of £2m, Veltman £900k (steal !).
So actually we don't want or need Leeds' dirty money.
Hopefully we can get AMN in now and a striker and we'll be well set.

Stumpy Tim

The difference is that Bale and ozil are proven internationals on massive wages. Ben White has never played in the prem, is on relatively small wages and the club could afford to leave him in the reserves if we wanted to. The fact you compare someone who has never played in the prem with two world stars just because he was brilliant for Leeds shows how far you have fallen.

I want white to stay but to compare him to World Cup winner ozil and champions league winner bale is ridiculous.

You can't be right. Surely our 4/5th choice defender (who hasn´t played a minute of Premier League football) having a sulk will completely derail our season. Leeds fans can´t think much of White if they think he´s that sort of person anyway

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

Leaving aside your 'facts' are simply internet rumours, I can promise you that there isn't a single fan of Brighton & Hove Albion who gives a shit what you think. But thanks for your interest in our club.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ben White

Chelsea are planning to hijack Liverpool 's move for Brighton defender Ben White - and ditch Antonio Rudiger in the process. (Dailystar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Could be a season of toil if the purported sales of Dunk/White to chelski the latter also linked with the deluded and Liverpool and Duffy to Wet sham go through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here