Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White - Men's Player Of The Year

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can recall at least half a dozen potentially game changing mistakes from Biss this season.

I can't recall any from Ben. Well deserved imo.

Selective memory, I'm afraid.
Biss was the engine room of our side. Working his socks off, every minute of every game. Breaking up play, winning the ball back, cover tackling, driving the team forward, keeping us ticking over, inspiring others around him, putting double shifts in when some others were struggling to make an impact. He is involved in everything so he is going to make mistakes but his plus column far exceeds a few errors. A dynamic season and the major contributory factor why we were competitive in almost every game. If he could shoot he would be worth £70m.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Selective memory, I'm afraid.
Biss was the engine room of our side. Working his socks off, every minute of every game. Breaking up play, winning the ball back, cover tackling, driving the team forward, keeping us ticking over, inspiring others around him, putting double shifts in when some others were struggling to make an impact. He is involved in everything so he is going to make mistakes but his plus column far exceeds a few errors. A dynamic season and the major contributory factor why we were competitive in almost every game. If he could shoot he would be worth £70m.

Still needs to work on his decision making at times, especially shooting from distance when he shouldn't be.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For me.....
1) Biss
2) Dunk
3) Webster
4) Sanchez
5) White

For me:

1) Biss
2) Dunk
=3) Webster
=3) Veltman
=5) White
=5) Sanchez

It's been a very competitive season and any one of the above players could make the top 3, but Dunk and Biss have been head and shoulders above the rest.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Voting for Veltman just confirms what we already know - there's some kind of unhealthy obsession with central defenders down there.

Bissouma was exceptional throughout the season as well. Thats why he, unlike Veltman, will be moving to a big club for big money.
I like reading the views of an interested 'neutral' like you but come on, dismissing the opinions of our fanbase because they differ from yours is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Congratulations to BW- quite a weekend for him. Did anyone mention he played every game for Leeds in their19- 20 promotion season?
My vote went to Biss and I'd have put Dunk second, but well done Ben.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If I was Ben White I would be too embarrassed to accept the award.
Bissouma the stand out player.
Sad that we could not give him the award he deserved as a send off.
A joke the club made this an open vote.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Congratulations to BW- quite a weekend for him. Did anyone mention he played every game for Leeds in their19- 20 promotion season?
My vote went to Biss and I'd have put Dunk second, but well done Ben.

Not really mentioned. He certainly did do well for that second division team but has moved on to much bigger things at Premier League Brighton and for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here