Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Roberts

Only worthy of a mark of 4 in the Sun? ???
Roberts 4
Virgo 6
Cullip 8
Butters 7
Harding 6
Carpenter 6
Oatway 6
Jones 7
Hart 6
Iwelumo 5
Knight 6

Reid 6
Piercy 6

Star Man
Danny Cullip - Hard as nails :clap2:

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Roberts.... ooooooops.... butter fingers....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
His kicking was getting a bit worrying though.Each bad kick must have cost him a mark.:hilton:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Roberts made one near gaffe and a few badly timed kicks. How often did you have your heart in your mouth? Just the once for me, as he dealt with everything else perfectly.

4 out of 10 - what a :tosser: to give him that score

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, he did have a couple of ropey moments yesterday. My neutral mate in the Bristol City end reckoned he looked dodgy, he also said Iwelumo was rubbish and the Leon was a right little cheat. He thought we fought well though, and didn't say that we didn't deserve the win. Always good to get a neutrals opinion.

P.S. I reckon my mate would have buried that opportunity Iwelumo had, he's quite a decent semi-pro striker - but don't tell him I said that!! :jester:

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He did have a few coco moments with his kicking, but 4 does seem rather harsh

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
Your keeper was awfull at ashton gate and awfull yesterday and we still couldnt take advantage , his handling is really dodgy on crosses and the only chances we really had were from his mistakes!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
but you had no chances and only 1 shot :salute:

ciderred

Nov 13, 2003
What about the butler miss from 2 yards or when ben roberts completely fumbled a cross and it came out to c roberts and he shot and it got blocked by a defender.

so :salute: to you.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:p

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Bring back FDM.

I'll never forget Roberts penalty save against Swindon, but FDM is Brighton's number 1. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Never!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
roberts come and caught just about every cross.admittally he had a few dodgy moments but in general he did ok and a 4 is very harsh

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ciderred said:
What about the butler miss from 2 yards or when ben roberts completely fumbled a cross and it came out to c roberts and he shot and it got blocked by a defender.

so :salute: to you.

What the chance where your thug of a player elbowed him when he went to catch it. The same player by the way that deliberatley stamped on Leon and should have been sent off.

STU

Feb 6, 2004
just watched Soccer night. It proved my season- long point Roberts is a liability. No one at the stadium yesterday or watching Soccer night could argue otherwise.

Bring back FDM

Ben didn't have one of his better games. Odd really, because kicking is one of the things that gets him into the team ahead of FDM. But his defenders were good enough to clear up the odd alarm, which is only right, because Ben has done the same for them most of the season.

As for being a season-long liability, words fail me. He is one of the five players along with the two centre-backs, Leon and Chippy who have got us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here