Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Roberts Retires!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Such sad news. Really feel for Ben. Must be so depressing after trying all season to beat the problem. Bad backs are with you for life unfortunately.
Will always remember semi and Finals. Always felt confident with Ben there, well in the final I did!
Best Wishes Ben. Hope the future is bright

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
On the Left Wing said:
Four???!!

Ben Roberts
Simon Rodger
Dean Blackwell

who is the fourth? I must have slept through it!
:dunce:
Piercy

anyways

0,,10433~542812,00.jpg
all the best Ben for whatever you do next

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's been a pretty unsuccessful season for Malcolm Stuart, I tell ya, he's one more retirement away from being nicknamed Shipman.

I can see him now. Leaning over some poor defenceless player, he’s got a syringe in his hand containing goodness only knows what. The player’s family are conveniently out of the house, noooooooooo, arrrrrggggghhhhh.

“What do y’reckon Mr Stuart?”

“I’m sorry, but he’ll never play again. Here, I’ve signed his retirement forms.”

“Gosh, I didn’t realise it was THAT serious.”

“I’m afraid so. Oh and one other thing. Don’t worry about calling me Mr Stuart, we’re friends now, you can call me HAROLD!”

D-d-derrrrrr. [cue the Eastenders drums] dooff dooff …..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:
Thats it...Malcolm Stuarts new nickname HAS to be "Shipman".

Next time he runs on to treat an injured player, we should all rise as one and chant: "Shipmans gonna get ya, Shipmans gonna get ya"

:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lol Gritt and Easy

Very sad news but not entirely unexpected.

I remember that save at Bradford. We were in the upper tier right in the front row looking down over the top of the net and it took our breath away.

The save to keep Mooney's penalty out was the turning point in the playoff semi final shoot out and guaranteed our appearance at the Millenium and this season.

Thanks Ben and all the best for your future.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gaffer said:
Such sad news. Really feel for Ben.

He had moments of 'wanderment' that would do Bruce Grobelaar proud but he did a great job for us.

If you have to retire early then your last game being a winning playoff final in front of 70,000(?) people in a great stadium is a nice way to go out.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Thanks for everything, Ben, and good luck for whatever you do in the future.:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sad news, and I wish him all the best in the future... some great performances towards the end of last season... let's hope Shaaban and/or Blayney play well enough to earn an extended contract at the Albion...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Damn shame. One of my favourite all-time players, for some reason, and the best goalkeeper I've seen at the club. Always hoped to see him back, but it just wasn't going to happen it seems. Best wishes for the future.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gutted for the bloke.

Still, lets remember him for what a top goalie he was, he picked up quite a few points for us last season and we can't forget the semi!!

All the best Ben
:clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A great pity, for the first time in years we had two quality keepers at the club, at least he went out on a high with the performance at the Mil Stad.

All the best for the future.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
On the Left Wing said:

as for Ben ... sadly missed, I was one of a few who rated him more highly than FDM

So did I. Very sad news for Ben - I believe he loved it at Brighton and must be devastated. I may be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that he has been studying for a degree - hopefully this will stand him in good stead for alternative employment.

He'll be sadly missed and was one of my favourite Brighton players of all time. Good luck Ben!

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Is this club cursed or something:lolol:

For early retirements come and play for the seagullsssss:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sad news but hardly unexpected. Good luck sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here