Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Roberts Retires!

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
God thats a shock. :(
He was a great keeper for us, always felt safe when we had him and Kuipers because if one got injured we still had a good back up.
I hope he has something to fall back on, or will the club pay out the remainder of his contract like they did earlier in the season?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Shame, he was excellent back up at the very least.

Good luck Ben in the future.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
culvers said:
God thats a shock. :(
He was a great keeper for us, always felt safe when we had him and Kuipers because if one got injured we still had a good back up.
I hope he has something to fall back on, or will the club pay out the remainder of his contract like they did earlier in the season?

I think all those years at Charlton and Boro probably set him up nicely.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
One of the best keepers we had at the club for a long time. Injury and Kuipers being on top form limited his first team chances but always looked class when in goal.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Very Sad, but some what inevitable. I never did expect to see him back.

That penalty save and his shouts of "Away" will live long in the memory.

As he did so well at the BHA race day I guess he'll have more time to spend studying the form and earn a few quid off the bookies.

All the best Coco :wave:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sadly it's hardly unexpected. :(

Nevertheless, he was a fine keeper and one of the reasons we went up last year. All the best Ben.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Judging by his past injury record I think we were lucky to get the service out of him that we did. He was a vital element of our geeting to and winning the play offs. Just hope Michel come back OK as our No1 and we get a decent young understudy. IN the meantime, gook luck and thanks Ben. :clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Really suprised actually. Such a shame for him. His save at Bradford was one of the best I've ever seen. All the best to Ben in the future. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here