Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Foster Predicts Brighton to be Relegated

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you don't think the fact that our first home game is against WATFORD or that Foster is a far more successful blogger than either of us comes into it at all?

We all know who to BOOOOO now.

:wink:

Nevertheless, he is far more in a position to judge than even Lineker or Ian Wright who haven't seen anything other than the inside of a TV studio for years. It won't stop me posting predictions or making bets either but you can't dismiss his current knowledge.

1. Nope seriously doubt the Watford squad is tactically preparing for anything other than their game against Aston Villa.

2. And no, Ben Foster being a successful blogger does not comes into it at all. Its absolutely hilarious and a little bit frightening that you think it matters.

3. I dismiss his current knowledge.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1. Nope seriously doubt the Watford squad is tactically preparing for anything other than their game against Aston Villa.

2. And no, Ben Foster being a successful blogger does not comes into it at all. Its absolutely hilarious and a little bit frightening that you think it matters.

3. I dismiss his current knowledge.

"Current Premier League player knows nothing about Premier League"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Lamptey or Welbeck never play again, we never sign another player, and Potter loses all ability to coach a team with the likes of Sanchez, Bissouma, Lallana, Webster, Dunk and Trossard out of trouble , and the club give up having one of the best youth development set ups in the country, Tony Bloom abandons the club financially, the three promoted teams all suddenly play out of their skins and of course there just can’t be 3 teams worse than us this year - again ! - then - yep - we’re definitely in big trouble.

( honestly - you lot)

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
When I was living in Coventry and commuting to London he used to get on my train to travel to Watford's training ground. Never plucked up the courage to speak to him but we were on 'nodding to each other on the platform' terms.

I know, what an interesting story...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m more concerned about the possibility of catching athletes foot than what Watford fans think of us to be honest.

The whole mascot v zaha row was utterly pathetic, everyone involved were just dicks.

And I mean everyone.

Tbf that mascot is ****ing weird. Never ever have I stood there at football and had a silly mascot walk over to the home crowd MID GAME and bang a drum to get the crowd going. I was literally so bemused but it just happened & I swear people, even some BHA, seemed to not really take much notice. Really strange.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When I was living in Coventry and commuting to London he used to get on my train to travel to Watford's training ground. Never plucked up the courage to speak to him but we were on 'nodding to each other on the platform' terms.

I know, what an interesting story...

Yeh well I used to get the train from Lewes to Brighton about 3 times sitting with ALBERT JARRETT so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. And I talked to him briefly - prob wouldn’t have noticed him if he wasn’t in full BHA pre match kit with a bag with AJ on it tbh. :lol:

Jul 20, 2003
Ben Foster :shrug:

hqdefault2.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only prediction I’m taking any notice of is [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] Staying Up Tracker.

Is it nearly ready, oh long necked one?
It was done on June 16th but has slipped way down the board !

I'll bounce it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh there's gonna be a lot of pearl clutching.

Guardian journo John Brewin also thinking after 4 seasons of perennial relegation fodder this will be our last.

The rest of the pundits on Football Weekly had us between 14th and 17th.

That epsiode was pathetic. I’ve enjoyed FW for years and used to find Barry’s melancholy assuming and I know it’s his ‘thing’ but the whole show is becoming negative and tiresome now.

If none of the panel can even be bothered to give any sides outside of the top 6 the time of day, why even bother pretending to put out episodes previewing the other 14? Barry and Brewin are just permanently negative, it’s boring and repetitive.

The lack of knowledge or interest in anything outside of the top 6 was embarassing. I turned off half way through and to be honest, doubt I’ll bother with FW again for a while. Totally Football is a far superior pod these days as is even Football Ramble as at least they appear to still like football unlike most of FW.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know it doesn't matter, and I know that its common knowledge that he is a United fan, but for me, the worst thing of that video, is that a current member of Watford's playing staff, is broadcasting to the world, sat in a rival PL club's kit. That is hugely unprofessional, disrespectful to the Watford fans, and most probably in breach of his contract.

How would we feel if Dunk was putting out videos sat in a Chelsea shirt? :eek:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I’m more concerned about the possibility of catching athletes foot than what Watford fans think of us to be honest.

The whole mascot v zaha row was utterly pathetic, everyone involved were just dicks.

And I mean everyone.

It's interesting isn't it. As someone who up until recently worked near Watford amongst a number of Watford fans, it was surprising the amount of vitriol directed towards your club Mr P.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Banked £50m with huge savings made in our payroll costs.

Yet still no striker or LWB.

Even CP and Stains have spent money.

Shirley Bloom intends to invest later on in this transfer window?

Without that and our regular, already injured players, Foster has a point.

Stains are going to be considerably weaker without Ings and Vestegaard.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Pundits backing us to go down based on our lack of transfers, suggests to me that they’re ignorant about the club. When you don't know much about a side, and you see they've havent signed many players, its easy to say they'll go down.

I think all three of the promoted clubs will be in the relegation mix, with Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Wolves and maybe even Everton potentially being worse off than last year. I don’t think we’re worse off, we’re might be the same strength but we’re not worse off. I’m not saying we’ll easily stay up, but I think more than 3 of the clubs just mentioned will finish below us.

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I am 100% confident that we will bring in some players before the window shuts, and that we will be absolutely fine this season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Banked £50m with huge savings made in our payroll costs.

Yet still no striker or LWB.

Even CP and Stains have spent money.

Shirley Bloom intends to invest later on in this transfer window?

Without that and our regular, already injured players, Foster has a point.

But what many are forgetting is the £69m loss from the season before last, not to mention whatever losses we incurred last season too.

These debts won't magically disappear and we don't have the endless funds of the Villa chairman. It's also likely that we probably only banked half of the White money with the other half being paid over the life of his contract so I for one can't see us splurging masses on any more players this season.

I trust in Tony to keep the club afloat even if for us fans it's hard not seeing several new signings being made. The harsh life of football finances I'm afraid.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know it doesn't matter, and I know that its common knowledge that he is a United fan, but for me, the worst thing of that video, is that a current member of Watford's playing staff, is broadcasting to the world, sat in a rival PL club's kit. That is hugely unprofessional, disrespectful to the Watford fans, and most probably in breach of his contract.

How would we feel if Dunk was putting out videos sat in a Chelsea shirt? :eek:

Very true. That's a massive :nono: in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here