Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Chilwell

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Exactly this, are we really going to bring in a player currently on over £200k a week for back up?

No chance of this one...
You could easily turn that list into:

Pervis - Might take a while to get anywhere near back to his best
Kadioglu - Will probably be the no.1 at right back
Boscagli - Have I missed that he's signed?
March - Could be a good option. Have I missed that he's available soon?
Hinsh - He'll learn in that position the more he plays, but I'd rather he didn't based on the last two performances. He's a CM who's learning at this level in his next best position, which is right back.

I don't think Chilwell will be signed either, but let's not pretend that we can't pull something like that off if we wanted or needed to.

If we an opportunity to improve the squad within our means we will take it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just really don’t see how he fits into the squad. He can only play LB/LWB, where we have Pervis.

But we also have Ferdi who is natural there, as well as cover in Hinshelwood and Baleba who have been tried there but can crucially cover other positions, in an already bloated squad where were struggling for registration space.

Add to that his constant - and I mean constant injury issues, huge wages, and that I’m not sure he’d want to come and be told he’s being brought in as backup for a mid-table team.

I think it would be a shock move, in all the wrong ways.
Exactly so hardly “safe” ..seems the only back up he’ll be would be for the treatment table

Hope the chap enjoys better luck

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Exactly this, are we really going to bring in a player currently on over £200k a week for back up?

No chance of this one...
If they really need his wages off the books, Chelsea might give him a small fee, or pay a small top up to his wages here

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You could easily turn that list into:

Pervis - Might take a while to get anywhere near back to his best
Kadioglu - Will probably be the no.1 at right back
Boscagli - Have I missed that he's signed?
March - Could be a good option. Have I missed that he's available soon?
Hinsh - He'll learn in that position the more he plays, but I'd rather he didn't based on the last two performances. He's a CM who's learning at this level in his next best position, which is right back.

I don't think Chilwell will be signed either, but let's not pretend that we can't pull something like that off if we wanted or needed to.

If we an opportunity to improve the squad within our means we will take it.
Of course you can argue that list shows the potential need for an experienced LB. And of course, we could totally pull it off.

BUT would we really rip up our wage structure (especially after all the bluster over RDZ and the structure) to get someone who will be cover at LB over the course of the season?

Even if Chelsea needed to get him off the books, like @Washie says, will they be willing to pay over 60% of his wage so that he can fit into our structure? I can't see it at all.

If we do get cover, it's far more likely that we get someone we've been tracking for years on a free... Like Brandon Williams...

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Of course you can argue that list shows the potential need for an experienced LB. And of course, we could totally pull it off.

BUT would we really rip up our wage structure (especially after all the bluster over RDZ and the structure) to get someone who will be cover at LB over the course of the season?

Even if Chelsea needed to get him off the books, like @Washie says, will they be willing to pay over 60% of his wage so that he can fit into our structure? I can't see it at all.

If we do get cover, it's far more likely that we get someone we've been tracking for years on a free... Like Brandon Williams...
Chelsea's ridiculous situation will eventually make them do desperate things. Whether this is one of them who knows. 60% is better than nothing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here