Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Burgess

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
As well as signing Andy Morrell, Blackpool are now bidding for a non-league striker. Surely they won't go after Burgess as well.
Could the door be opening for us to get him in?

From SkySports:

Morecambe are thought to be mulling over League One side Blackpool's offer to take striker Danny Carlton to Bloomfield Road.

The 22-year-old has proven to be a prolific hit-man for The Shrimpers, bagging 52 goals from 87 starts having risen up through the club's youth ranks in 2002, and Pool are believed to have tabled an undisclosed offer for the forward.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
That could be good news, Id still prefer a loan deal to start with for Burgess to see how fit and injury free he is.

Id agree with that. Only problem is, if we get him on loan and not a proper contract and he bangs the goals in for fun u just know some "bigger" club will come sniffing. I reckon a 1 year deal with a further 1 year option would be the way to go, should he pass a medical that is. If we want 2 go up we may have to take a gamble on him. He was quality for Brentford a few years back in this league no reason why he cant do it again....

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
maybe but Blackpool have a lot of money at the moment so i would think they would still be interested.

be nice if they could bugger off and his only option was to sign for us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
chez said:
He plays for Coventry though. MA is probably shipping him out to make way for Parkin.

I meant when he moved on a free from Wrexham to Coventry. Always thought he looked like a useful player, but never really hit the form he did with Wrexham (Lower league I guess).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
BarrelofFun said:
I meant when he moved on a free from Wrexham to Coventry. Always thought he looked like a useful player, but never really hit the form he did with Wrexham (Lower league I guess).

As I remember he scored a horrendous amount of penalty's for Wrexham. Kinda makes a player look much better than he really is Andy Johnson *cough cough*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
_wilka_ said:
Surely now Coventry have a bit more money to spend they will aim a little higher than Parkin?

Crouch? :)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
_wilka_ said:
Surely now Coventry have a bit more money to spend they will aim a little higher than Parkin?
Bobby Z?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Gary McSheffrey has just signed for Birminghbam for 4 million - expect another bid for Parkin

Thats surely a joke.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
4m? will never cut in the prem stupid stupid signing by birmingham.

actully birmingham have paid way to much for cameron jermone, he has had one good season and i cant see him making it in the prem imo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
seagulljaz said:
4m? will never cut in the prem stupid stupid signing by birmingham.

Won't find out unless they get promoted :rolleyes:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
4m does seem a lot for a player who has never made it in the Premier League. I suppose if he and Jerome take them back up then it will be worth it. Well played by Coventry as they kept rejecting the offer until it became ridiculously high!

Hope he lasts longer on his debut than Jerome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here