Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellotti -v- Maradona

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
HAND OF GOD MY AR*E.
Am I alone in hating Maradona as much as I hated Bellotti?? It seems that some people have lost the plot here. 1986 Mexico, Maradona cheating us out of a World Cup? It took eight years to get Maradona sorted when he failed a drugs test in the USA World Cup.
And how would he and all Brighton fans be welcomed at grounds around the country? Sorry Maradona but you can p*ss off as far as I'm concerned and keep your cocaine stained money.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
m.c.hamster said:
HAND OF GOD MY AR*E.
Am I alone in hating Maradona as much as I hated Bellotti?? It seems that some people have lost the plot here. 1986 Mexico, Maradona cheating us out of a World Cup? It took eight years to get Maradona sorted when he failed a drugs test in the USA World Cup.
And how would he and all Brighton fans be welcomed at grounds around the country? Sorry Maradona but you can p*ss off as far as I'm concerned and keep your cocaine stained money.

It was almost 20 years ago...my god you can bear a grudge...
Are you denying that he was the greatest player ever to play the game

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
20 years ago - fresh in the memory.
Ask the rest of the country and see if they would welcome this man with open arms.

And NO I don't regard him as the greatest player ever as I've seen Pele, Johann Cruyff, Eusebio, Ruud Gullit etc etc etc

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
m.c.hamster said:
keep your cocaine stained money.

let's get one fact straight ... he SPENT his money on cocaine ... he didn't MAKE money out of the drug ..... some press estimates reckon he blew millions on coke

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
m.c.hamster said:
20 years ago - fresh in the memory.
Ask the rest of the country and see if they would welcome this man with open arms.

And NO I don't regard him as the greatest player ever as I've seen Pele, Johann Cruyff, Eusebio, Ruud Gullit etc etc etc

How you can for one minute think that Ruud Gullit was better than Maradona i really dont know...maybe Pele was but in our era it is Maradona.
In fact if he did take over we would get so much publicity around the world and get loads of new fans from everywhere and lots of players would love to come to the club to play for the great man.

Forgive and forget,and to claim that he is the same as Bellotti,a man who destroyed this club through greed is beyond me.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yes he was a great footballer, but that doesn't necessarily qualify him to be a great English Championship manager, chairman, board member, investor, anything really...

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Opinions on who anyone regards as the greatest ever player is entirely personal. I wouldn't criticise anyone's opinion. It's just that I absolutely HATE Maradona and anything associated with him. My opinion whether you like it or not.
And I am not alone in this having discussed this at length last night.
Also I do not liken Bellotti to Maradona.The only analogy I make is that I hate both of them equally.
Forgive and forget??!!?? Don't make me laugh. If Bellotti arrived with millions would we welcome him back.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I Just dont know how you can hate a footballer so much that you can compare the hatred you have for him to a man like Bellotti who has ruined our football club.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Maradona momentarily cheated in a football match (he also scored a fabulous second goal) which most footballers do at sometime or other (yes even our own lads)

Bellotti and Archer ruined an entire football club .... for me there is no comparison

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
On the Left Wing said:
Maradona momentarily cheated in a football match (he also scored a fabulous second goal) which most footballers do at sometime or other (yes even our own lads)

Bellotti and Archer ruined an entire football club .... for me there is no comparison

Well said....

:clap: :clap:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
m.c.hamster said:
HAND OF GOD MY AR*E.

f***ing get over it. Plenty of countries have lost in world cups to dubious goals, but people over here are the only ones to WHINGE about it so much!

The hand of god goal was gutting, but lets be honest, if an England player had done the same we'd be laughing our socks off. Michael Owen has dived for enough penalties (not to mention our own pocket rocket) but does that make him evil enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bel-end? Don't be ridiculous.
I'm wary of Maradonna geting involved as I would be with any potential investor, but grow up, the hand of god incident should not be a serious consideration.

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Oh I'm now totally convinced we should welcome Maradona with open arms.
I'll forgive and forget if you all agree to be open-minded about Bellotti and Archer.
Can anyone with the middle name Judas please stop writing on here please.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
m.c.hamster said:
Oh I'm now totally convinced we should welcome Maradona with open arms.
I'll forgive and forget if you all agree to be open-minded about Bellotti and Archer.
Can anyone with the middle name Judas please stop writing on here please.
For FUCKS sake, Bellotti and Archer almost killed the club whereas Maradona is nothing more than an international "Andy Rammell" figure, let alone Scott McGleish.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
m.c.hamster said:
If Bellotti arrived with millions would we welcome him back.

That is different. Your grip with Bellotti is that he screwed our club over.

Maradonna is diferent in. Your grip with him as nothing to do with his money, only the fact that he once cheated, which in this day an age most pro-players have either done or do on a regular basis.

So if Bellotti turned up wanting to invest £10million I would say sod off. But we need money so why not take it off someone who is wanting to give it to us?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
m.c.hamster said:

Am I alone in hating Maradona as much as I hated Bellotti??

You can't compare the two. Bellendi tried to ruin the Albion, far more important to me than the f***ing World Cup.

But, there's no way I want Maradona touching my club, because his dirty hand of God would likely f*** us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here