Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Haven't got a clue what you're on about

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
i was there, watching and admiring the actions of the dedicated.....................or the ones with enough b*ll*cks to do something, protests or something happening every game. Realy was a case of "Action by the minority" helping the cause.......................................memories memories!!!!:clap: :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would be mortified if anyone selected option 4 on this poll. Sake, it's part of our heritage alongside Watford at home in 1958, Newcastle United away 1979, and Wembley 1983.

Anyone who doesn't know about this needs to enrol in the 'Basic Albion History module NSC01' at the Tim Carder School of Baffling Statistics and Fond Memories.

Last edited:

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Once upon a time I was at a game in South London where Wimbledon (then a Premiership team) were playing and I had complimetary tickets through a friend. Brighton were playing Fulham at Craven Cottage (then a Div 3 team I think)
Well walking round the ground by the VIP entrance who should be strolling anonymously through the crowds but David Bellotti and his wife.
Never one to let an opportunity slip away I did vent my anger at him and his wife as they ran for the cover of the VIP bar. I was with two of my kids aged about 10 and 13 then and a number of people did stop and stare and I explained myself to a small group who agreed to also shout at him.
Inside we had tickets next to the Directors box and my friends and I spent more time looking for Bellotti than enjoying the game. Big Dave never appeared.
One of my most enjoyable football moments!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's all flooding back now, we hit rock bottom that night losing 2-3 at home to the closest team to us to put us 12 points adrift. No wonder everyone went mental outside.

*edit*Ssshhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Billy the Fish said:
It's all flooding back now, we hit rock bottom that night losing 1-2 at home to the closest team to us to put us 12 points adrift. No wonder everyone went mental outside.

Wasn't it 3-2 to them?... I do remember us scoring through the ball bouncing off Ian Baird's arse

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Large One said:
I thought it was 2-3, we conceded in the last minute.

D'oh, I don't know - all of my memories from various violent outbursts and spleen-venting from the time have blurred into one.

Football League Two - KO 19:45
Brighton 2 (1) - 3 (0) Darlington
Maskell 12________Blake 47
Baird 53_________Naylor 62, 87

At Goldstone Ground on 03-12-1996

Brighton: Rust ,Smith (Minton ,72 ) ,Tuck ,Allan ,Morris (Hobson ,77 ) ,Johnson ,Storer ,Mayo ,Baird ,Maskell ,Mundee (McDonald ,72 )

Darlington: Newell ,Shaw ,Barnard (Carss ,54 ) ,Laws ,Crosby ,De Vos ,Brumwell (Atkinson ,75 ) ,Oliver ,Roberts ,Blake ,Naylor
Subs not used Brydon,

Bookings: Morris (Brighton) Naylor (Darlington)

Attendance: 2709 :eek:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:

Also it was Jimmy Case's last game as manager.

Was it? I thought that was the Sudbury FA Cup game at home?

Those were indeed dark days

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton 2
Darlington 3

Crowd 3200

Peake blasted an open goal over the crossbar, it turned nasty afterwards, the directors entrance windows were trashed, people tried to charge the ground and get back in, crash barriers were hurled.

All very unsavoury.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2709 , even worse

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rusco who posts on here, knows who painted the "Gritt Believes Bellotti's Lies" on the wall of the West Stand

As I believe Bozza does.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here