Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellotti on Radio 4 tonight (Sunday)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Westminster Hour, 10pm, Radio 4 tonight (Sunday) is doing a series abvout by-elections that changed the political map of Britain. Tonight it features Eastbourne in 1990. The one that was won by you-know-who.

I suggest everyone listens to it, and -- if it fails to point out the spectacular craptitude of the man in his post-parliamentary career -- gives friendly and eloquent feedback (ie not just "Bellotti is scum" but why we hate him and what he was responsible for) at this url:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/the_westminster_hour/3018361.stm

PS the segment about the Eastbourne by election starts at 10.45 tonight and will be repeated on Wednesday 15th at 8.45pm

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have sent an email condemming the BBC for allowing this snivelling liar air time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
The Westminster Hour, 10pm, Radio 4 tonight (Sunday) is doing a series abvout by-elections that changed the political map of Britain. Tonight it features Eastbourne in 1990. The one that was won by you-know-who.

I suggest everyone listens to it

I fear I would end up chewing my own arm off at the shoulder out of sheer boredom.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'll hold them to this...

Thank you for your comments and for your interest in The Westminster Hour. We guarantee that you will receive a reply in the next few days.

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Re: Re: Bellotti on Radio 4 tonight (Sunday)

Easy 10 said:
I fear I would end up chewing my own arm off at the shoulder out of sheer boredom.

I listen to the Westminster Hour most weeks, not just when Bellotti's on. Does that make me a saddo or something?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Many thanks. I am listening at the moment and wonder is Mr. Belloti employable, or will he be reduced to making prgrammes like Mr. Portillo, showing later this week.

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
At least "Miguel" Portillo was found a safe seat in a by-election after he was kicked out of Parliament. After losing four elections in a row, David Bellotti is now a local councillor. In Bath.

In fact, if you select a random bit of www.bathnes.gov.uk, you get

Bellotti, Mr David Frank
12 Kipling Avenue, Bath, BA2 4RB.
01225 427560
bellotti@cix.co.uk

Weird, eh?

I wonder whether they'll mention the fact that he was done for illegal parking outside the fish and chip shop in South Street, Lewes - on the day he was elected to parliament.

I've always admired the insight of Lewes Police. They can spot a bad un' quicker than most.

:)

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
I wonder whether they'll mention the fact that he was done for illegal parking outside the fish and chip shop in South Street, Lewes - on the day he was elected to parliament.

The Westminster Hour did at least briefly mention his Albion connection and the fact that his effigy was burned on Bonfire Night in Lewes.

Well done the BBC!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes. Fully agree about the photograph. I was disapointed with the programme. It did not say anything new about the election or the real mood of the public at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here