Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing quite so dynamic. Think more slow considered 5 wood off the fairway then scan the horizon for where its gone and you get a better idea of the knobbery of it all.

I’ve worked with the type. Often with self congratulatory commentary “Straight down the middle”, or accompanying an air cricket shot “That’s a six over long off”.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Update on bell cheese number one from my recent post as I thought it perfectly illustrated his character:

He was naturally on leave during the crowdstrike issue leaving me to step up and brief his teams/work with them to minimise the impact.

We had crisis management calls which he didn’t join but then went into overdrive over the weekend emailing/teams messaging every couple of hours on whether he could log in.

Yesterday he sent me an email to say thanks for my help (nice) but the final sentence on his email to me noted he was off to some posh regatta I’d never heard and that his wife was racing in two events.

No prior mention of/no awareness of the fact it’s an utter irrelevance as we’ve never discussed our wives or their hobbies before or regattas before.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just a small one to add, to a truly wonderful thread;

People who use the following phrase in Teams meetings, where it has ended earlier than allotted/expected;

"We're just going to give you these 14 minutes back."

Oh, and also a chap I work with who constantly pronounces it "and so now, without further ADIEU, I'll hand over to...". Not a major irritant, but still...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
One of our consultants walked in this morning to speak to the FD about something, and a few paces short of his desk, said to him "may I approach the bench ?"

I picked up my phone and went for a shit.
Not so Accidental Partridge right there.

“Let’s touch base next week” touch cloth more like….

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

People who use the following phrase in Teams meetings, where it has ended earlier than allotted/expected;

Oh, and also a chap I work with who constantly pronounces it "and so now, without further Ado, I'll hand over to...". Not a major irritant, but still...
I haven’t found the right occasion yet on a Teams\Zoom call yet to use it, but with credit to The Clamp, I am waiting to use the phrase “What is this, Yogi bear‘s picnic ?”

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Oh, and also a chap I work with who constantly pronounces it "and so now, without further ADIEU, I'll hand over to...". Not a major irritant, but still...
“…without further Adieu…..Rodney you plonker”

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just had an email from someone describing himself as a "red-coloured personality". What the hell does that mean? Gets angry easily?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Just had an email from someone describing himself as a "red-coloured personality". What the hell does that mean? Gets angry easily?
I'm guesing it is the colourworks personality types:

1723028029002.png

Does this make me a bell cheese? :shrug:

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Looking at the helpful guide in Papak's post I think it means 'Bossy Arsehole'.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm guesing it is the colourworks personality types:

View attachment 186653

Does this make me a bell cheese? :shrug:
Very reminiscent of the one we did, where a nonsense questionnaire decided whether you were a dolphin (subservient shitmuncher), panther (nasty, unapproachable prick), owl (smarmy bellend that thinks they're better than everyone else) or peacock (loud, annoying, self-absorbed tosser).

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Very reminiscent of the one we did, where a nonsense questionnaire decided whether you were a dolphin (subservient shitmuncher), panther (nasty, unapproachable prick), owl (smarmy bellend that thinks they're better than everyone else) or peacock (loud, annoying, self-absorbed tosser).
I did one similarly once and came out as a Peapanowl…whatever that is, no one ever did explain. Oh well…

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not me but saw it and thought of this thread

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We had on of those sessions where you put up on a flip chart the personality of other team members, I was amazed they put fiery for me so i told them to stuff it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here