Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's when they return from holiday that it gets worse. They're all full of newfound enthusiasm for the workplace. Bounding in all bubbly and keen. Eff off. We've all been here doing the same shite day in day out while you've been away.
That's surely a sign of a broken mind?

I generally spend the last evening of time off work trying to figure out which bones I could break to earn a bit more freedom, without limiting me too much after I'd done it.

Thus far, I'm yet to find a suitable one. Upsetting.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've just discovered that my last day happens to be the day of the summer party. There's a very BIG possibility that I'll have far too much drink and make my feelings about dogs in the workplace known. I'm now DOUBLY looking forward to this, I might even prepare a little speech.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've been an avid reader of this thread since it's inception but never felt obliged to add to it until today.

Two utter CJTC's who I unfortunately work for and with, decided to talk through the entire 1 minutes silence today for the Tunisia victims, even though a full office tannoy announcement was made advertising that we would be observing the silence out of respect of those who died.

The contempt I've harboured for them both over the past four years, is now wholly complete, and if they were ever on fire in my own house, I wouldn't piss on them.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I've just discovered that my last day happens to be the day of the summer party. There's a very BIG possibility that I'll have far too much drink and make my feelings about dogs in the workplace known. I'm now DOUBLY looking forward to this, I might even prepare a little speech.

Where do you work - Battersea?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Oh MARVELLOUS.

This is an opportunity that cannot be missed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh MARVELLOUS.

This is an opportunity that cannot be missed.

I'm counting down the days, only four weeks to go :thumbsup:

The owner of the YAPPY dog is in the office today but he hasn't brought the dog with him :clap2: It's his one day back before he's off for 6 weeks to recover from a knee operation :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
After what has been a relatively blissful last couple of weeks in the office, Friday's serenity was shattered by COCKWOMBLERY of epic proportions. Prawn Cocktail Monster brought her daughter into the office 'on work experience', so she could see 'exactly what mummy does at work' - at this point, it was very hard to not interject with 'eat every calorie in sight', but I resisted.

The morning was spent shuffling officiously around the office, PCM junior in tow, literally accomplishing nothing. During the afternoon, PCM went off to probably the only important and interesting meeting that she's ever had to attend, which would have been really useful for her daughter to go to as well, but decided that it was 'too high level and confidential', so left PCM jnr at her desk with nothing for her to work on. PCM jnr, immediately demonstrating that the apple didn't fall far from the tree, proceeded to take this time to decide exactly which of the catalogue of annoying ring tones on her phone would be the most appropriate. After a good couple of minutes of this, one of the project managers politely asked her to refrain from doing this, at which point she BURST INTO TEARS. A 17-year-old crying because someone told her not to play ringtones out loud in an office.

Sadly, I left the office before PCM came out of her meeting, but I'm sure they'll be some sort of fallout from this.

I'm counting down the days, only four weeks to go :thumbsup:

The owner of the YAPPY dog is in the office today but he hasn't brought the dog with him :clap2: It's his one day back before he's off for 6 weeks to recover from a knee operation :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Any chance of a live stream of your farewell do - make it subscription and you may never need to work again!

This is turning into my favourite NSC thread ever.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
After what has been a relatively blissful last couple of weeks in the office, Friday's serenity was shattered by COCKWOMBLERY of epic proportions. Prawn Cocktail Monster brought her daughter into the office 'on work experience', so she could see 'exactly what mummy does at work' - at this point, it was very hard to not interject with 'eat every calorie in sight', but I resisted.

The morning was spent shuffling officiously around the office, PCM junior in tow, literally accomplishing nothing. During the afternoon, PCM went off to probably the only important and interesting meeting that she's ever had to attend, which would have been really useful for her daughter to go to as well, but decided that it was 'too high level and confidential', so left PCM jnr at her desk with nothing for her to work on. PCM jnr, immediately demonstrating that the apple didn't fall far from the tree, proceeded to take this time to decide exactly which of the catalogue of annoying ring tones on her phone would be the most appropriate. After a good couple of minutes of this, one of the project managers politely asked her to refrain from doing this, at which point she BURST INTO TEARS. A 17-year-old crying because someone told her not to play ringtones out loud in an office.

Sadly, I left the office before PCM came out of her meeting, but I'm sure they'll be some sort of fallout from this.

Fantastic stuff.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

:lolol: I look forward to hearing if things ESCALATED after you left.

Any chance of a live stream of your farewell do - make it subscription and you may never need to work again!

This is turning into my favourite NSC thread ever.

I'll see what I can do :thumbsup:

On a similar note (although it should be in a "Bell Cheeses at Home" thread), the woman in the flat next door to me has two dogs which are just as irritating. Dogs are actually banned from the building but I've turned a bit of blind eye up until now because I've never really noticed them apart from bumping into her in the corridor. However, since the hot weather began and everyone has their windows and doors open the YAPPING has started. It turns out dogs don't like being trapped inside a small, hot, one bedroom flat, who'd have thought it? To make it worse the sound bounces off the building opposite and straight in through my balcony doors.

There's no escape from F***ING DOGS :rant:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
On a similar note (although it should be in a "Bell Cheeses at Home" thread), the woman in the flat next door to me has two dogs which are just as irritating. Dogs are actually banned from the building but I've turned a bit of blind eye up until now because I've never really noticed them apart from bumping into her in the corridor. However, since the hot weather began and everyone has their windows and doors open the YAPPING has started. It turns out dogs don't like being trapped inside a small, hot, one bedroom flat, who'd have thought it? To make it worse the sound bounces off the building opposite and straight in through my balcony doors.

There's no escape from F***ING DOGS :rant:

That's dogs in heat for you..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This is brilliant...looking forward to the update.......

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
An update from Friday's ringtone-gate:

It turns out, quite brilliantly, that PCM didn't have permission to actually to bring her daughter into the office on work experience in the first place. After I left on Friday, she wanted to lodge a complaint with our HR rep, but it was at this stage that the deception was discovered.

No word on the likely course of action yet, but this one has the potential to run and run.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It turns out, quite brilliantly, that PCM didn't have permission to actually to bring her daughter into the office on work experience in the first place. After I left on Friday, she wanted to lodge a complaint with our HR rep, but it was at this stage that the deception was discovered.

No word on the likely course of action yet, but this one has the potential to run and run.

Superb!

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Excellent... I'm looking forward to the next update already!

Inside, were you dancing around and punching the air!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fire cheese went off at work today, everyone had to evacuate it was Emmental.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

She will get compo for hurt fealings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here