Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The company were holding interviews for a new office girl. The first candidate was asked "Can you perform under pressure?"

She replied "I don't know. But I can do a bloody good Bohemian Rhapsody"

I would offer her the job on the spot - just the right sort of attitude for a cheery office environment!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The company were holding interviews for a new office girl. The first candidate was asked "Can you perform under pressure?"

She replied "I don't know. But I can do a bloody good Bohemian Rhapsody"

I think you’ve posted on the wrong thread - should have been Joke du jour , surely?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
An inauspicious start to life back in the UK ...

Bank system made me re-register for some new privileges but wouldn’t let me keep my username (i.e. my name). So I chose ‘wankers’ in a fit of pique. Then I discovered I couldn’t change it. Then CFO wondered why he had a report saying “$2m transfer approved by wankers”. Ooops.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You can’t post this and sign off leaving us dangling. Have you said anything to the curry eater yet? Started a petition? Written to HR/People/Personnel/other?

What tune is the whistler whistling?

Update by end of Friday please.

Sorry for the delay. He's not been seen this week, the rumour is someone's "had a word" and he's gone off in a huff to Work From Home for the foreseeable.

As for the tune, it varies. "Desperado" by the Eagles was an interesting one, although Zippie-di-doo-dah gets an outing at least once an hour and doing my nut right now.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A lot of my American colleagues (and some British ex pats I may add) have a very annoying habit of saying "I'm just going to jump on a call" or "can you jump on a call with..." when what they mean is they're going to make a phone call or join an existing telephone conversation. It really gets on my threepenny bits and I hope it hasn't crossed the Atlantic yet - or is it too late?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A lot of my American colleagues (and some British ex pats I may add) have a very annoying habit of saying "I'm just going to jump on a call" or "can you jump on a call with..." when what they mean is they're going to make a phone call or join an existing telephone conversation. It really gets on my threepenny bits and I hope it hasn't crossed the Atlantic yet - or is it too late?

Way to late been around about 3 odd years in the UK and was fecking annoying but not in comparison to "reach out "

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yes, yes it is sadly. Along with 'jump on a plane' whenever anything goes tits up overseas.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have just been invited to a 'Remotely held Hothouse'.

:shrug:

If you are a gardener, I would think it would be quite useful and informative. If not, get [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] to go in your place :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A new one on me but it was discussed on The James & Robins podcast.

Pre meeting meetings?

Everyone invited to the meeting gets together beforehand to talk through the meeting, in order to make the meeting quicker!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've had an email invite today for a 'drains up' meeting tomorrow. More management babble to justify the salary.

Or the worst team building event in history

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here