Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beers no longer around?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I hav'nt seen Tartan bitter around for a few years, And I used to enjoy a glass of Whitbread Brewmaster. :drink:

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
oh god yes, Brewmaster...i just loved the Brickwoods bitters, we used to go in the Star Haywards Heath and have some, with the most basic cheese rolls you could imagine. no music or machines of any sort but truly great tasting beer

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Worthington White Shield - You had to pour it very carefully ,so that the sediment stayed in the bottle.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Labatts Blue downstairs in the Ferry Inn, Shoreham. Used to LOVE that!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Diamond White (tho not strictly a beer)
Toby

D

Deleted User X18H

gwpdylan said:
Just watching an episode of Rumpole and a guys drinking a can of Long Life. Recall drinking draught Long Life all the time, in Liverpool arms haywards heath (also now gone)..any other beers you have "lost" over time
also Brickwoods bitter
Obviously Red Barrel
Draught DD
ITV 3 she who must be obeyed old luv....................The Liverpool arms up Perrymount Road backing on to the Railway Station what a pub:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any ex-Midlanders in?

Davenport's bottled Best Bitter - delivered to your front doorstep, just like the milkman used to deliver milk.

Life was good in those days.

Aux Armes, Citoyens

Last edited:

harvey004qc.jpg

Ginger beer.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Re: Re: Beers no longer around?

hove born&bred said:
ITV 3 she who must be obeyed old luv....................The Liverpool arms up Perrymount Road backing on to the Railway Station what a pub:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

oh yes i ddrank there from around 16yo to when it finally closed. Worked behind bar a lot of the time, and in 1977 was a founder member of the liverpool arms fc in 1977, they still playing now as wisden sports. if you went there i was Geoff

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Used to go to the Hogshead next to Hove station which used to have its own brewery before it became the station. They had a beer called Brighton Breezy.....often got ratted on a few pints of that, quite strong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here