Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer Price War Breaks Out At Supermarkets!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Have you noticed that the supermakets have started a price war on beer over the last couple of weeks.

For example, you gan get 24 330ml bottles of Stella at Iceland for £9.99.

10 x 250 ml bottles of San Migel at the Co-op for £5.99.

24 x 275ml bottles of Becks £12,99 at Asda.

24 x 440ml cans of Carling £12.99 Sainsburys.

25 x 250ml bottles of Kronenbourg £8.48 at Asda.

* For those who prefer an alcopop like Reef, you can get 8 bottles for £7 at the Co op or 12 for £10 at Sainsburys.

It's cheaper to buy premium beers at home now rather than going to France!

:dance:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the rugby has alerted them to a massive beer selling weekend and they are desperate to win the battle.

That Iceland deal looks unbeatable. Stella and I shall be having a lovely weekend me thinks.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I got a crate of 24x 330ml stella bottles for just over ten notes in tescos yesterday fantastic

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can always pick up a case of 24 for about £12 most of the time nowadays. If you're not fussy over your choice of lager, your supermarket of choice is bound to have something.

Bottles though, eh - not cans. Please.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You notice that it's all crap beer though.

Now if it were bottles of Harvey's or Shepherd Neame....

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
12 cans of miller for £9.99 in sainsbury's :drink:

and its a better american lager than budweiser

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
its about bloody time really . . . its still nearly twice the price it is in France!

we also are into the xmas run up.

Tescos do 24x330 stellas for just over a tenner :drink:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Gwylan said:
You notice that it's all crap beer though.

Now if it were bottles of Harvey's or Shepherd Neame....

Bitter is 4 bottles for £5 in ASDA. You never get it mega cheap like lager, but that's not bad.
They have Hobgoblin, Spitfire, Black Sheep, London Pride, Abbot, Waggledance, etc etc etc....

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Sonic said:
Bitter is 4 bottles for £5 in ASDA. You never get it mega cheap like lager, but that's not bad.
They have Hobgoblin, Spitfire, Black Sheep, London Pride, Abbot, Waggledance, etc etc etc....

And you can get 24 bottles of "Biere de luxe - specially selected by ASDA" for something ridiculously cheap. :drink: :nono:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Asda have waded into this war again I noticed over the weekend, you can now get 24 330ml Stella's for £9.98.

I noticed for Christmas a litre bottle of Baileys now 11 odd quid.
:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
GUNTER said:
Asda have waded into this war again I noticed over the weekend, you can now get 24 330ml Stella's for £9.98.

I noticed for Christmas a litre bottle of Baileys now 11 odd quid.
:)

Book a trip to France - seriously cheap alcohol, doing the late night shuttle next Saturday.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
If you are buying branded beer, by the time you have factored in the travelling costs, I cannot imagine you would save anything. If you drive round the supermarkets and pick up each of their best offers, you will save serious cash.

I'd be interested how much you save though when you go to France as I would love to be proved wrong (and perhaps find an excuse to go myself)!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
In Sainsbury's in Edinburgh this weekend, I got twelve 500ml cans of Tennent's for less than 8 quid.

When you also take into account the licensing laws, it's far, far better to get pissed in Scotland than in England.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
GUNTER said:
If you are buying branded beer, by the time you have factored in the travelling costs, I cannot imagine you would save anything. If you drive round the supermarkets and pick up each of their best offers, you will save serious cash.

I'd be interested how much you save though when you go to France as I would love to be proved wrong (and perhaps find an excuse to go myself)!

24 pack of bottle beer around £4.50, most reasonable wines around £2 a bottle.

Add in half price dish wasing and clothes washing liquid and there's you're saving.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
cider drinkers love unwins!

8 x 500ml olde english c9der for £5 at unwins local store...
tesco had own brand Cava (spanish sye champers at £2.50
-yes, two fifty! (half price, 70cl bottles)

NB: this was at the shoreham superstore - the 'express' ones
seem expelled from ANY offers??)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You never get English Ale at these prices. Yes I have brought 1664 cheap this mont at Safeways, but fully agree with Sonic. It's also nearly Christmas so the supermarkets do some very silly deals. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here