Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer on the terraces

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Burgess Hill Town FC also allows drinking on matchdays on the terrace. Pitch side barrier is the exact width for resting your pint glass on. AND at one point they had their own Leylands Lager, named after the ground (Leylands Park). Talk about encouragement...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the rule either extends to what level your club is at, or if segregation is in place, can't remember which one it is. basically, anything from step 2 on the non-league pyramid down i believe you can drink

and also any sort of competitive match in which professional teams can be involved, hence the lack at fa cup matches

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
One thing I did hear is that you can't drink beer on the terraces during an FA Cup match - FA rules and all that.

Really? RUBBISH! That was one reason why i was going to go on sunday as i thought it would be more fun going to watch Lewes play rather than go down the pub and watch either MK Dons or the Doncaster games

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Lewes at home to Sutton in the FA Cup 2pm this SUNDAY.

Get along and support the Rooks (but unfortunately no beer on the Terraces - see above).

PG

Not sure when the rule about no beer on terrace came in for F.A. Cup games, but the last time we played at home in F.A. Cup against Dulwich Hamlet I had a beer in my hand. Mind you it was two seasons ago. This is not including the game against Darlington which was last year but the club decided that not the F.A. and this was due to the size of the gate. I personally don't think there will be a problem on Sunday. Get along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here