Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer bottle re-cycling

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Don`t get me wrong, i think bottle/glass recycling is a good idea BUT we`ve only had a plastic container that you collect all your glass in to be collected for just over a week and it`s already over stacked with beer bottles.

It`s suddenly made me think do i drink too much ??

I`ve had 3 days off in the last 8 and have a beer or 2 some nights after work and i must have well over 2 doz empties of good quailty ale 5-6.7 % ale.

To me this is just casual drinking and up till now didn`t think it was a problem.

This doesn`t include the 8-9 pints i had on Saturday before and after the Pompey game.

Anyone else had the same feelings ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Still have the ocassional beer.But gave up drinking at home. Saved at least £300 since the new year.

Lost nearly 3 stone in weight.I feel fitter and healthier that I have for 20 years, and met a nice lady in with the deal.

By the way my cholesterol levels are much better and Blood Pressure is now Normal.

:thumbsup:

:rave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still have the ocassional beer.But gave up drinking at home. Saved at least £300 since the new year.

Lost nearly 3 stone.I feel fitter and healthier that I have for 20 years, and met a nice lady in with the deal.

You spent £30 a WEEK, on drinking at home?! No wonder you feel healthier. Lordy.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
6 Cans of Stella most nights, Got pretty fed up with life.

I prefer the new me.

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
6 Cans of Stella most nights, Got pretty fed up with life.

I prefer the new me.

Good on you mate:thumbsup:

I do love an Ale but i really must cut down i think the first thing would be to give up drinking on work nights i finish at 10 so shouldn`t really be a problem. I know that i would lose a bit of weight and save 60-80 quid a month.

That would nearly pay for 1 away game every month :smile:

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Lost nearly 3 stone in weight.I feel fitter and healthier that I have for 20 years, and met a nice lady in with the deal.

By the way my cholesterol levels are much better and Blood Pressure is now Normal.

I got into the habit of drinking every night at home for maybe 5 years - at least a bottle of red every night. I wasn't enjoying at towards the end, but thought if I stopped cold turkey that I'd have problems sleeping for a couple of weeks and work would suffer, so chickened out. When I was made redundant, I stopped almost immediately - not for money reasons - and never went back to drinking at home regularly, I think I've had one beer at home this year. Not calculated how much I'm saving, I guess at least £40 a week - probably more at I usually drank £8ish bottles. I don't regret stopping at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bottle of wine a night ?

He'd already said it was BEER.

I take your point though, but drinking a whole bottle of wine yourself each night would be pretty inadvisable too!

I get through a bottle of malt whisky every 4 or 5 weeks. Aparts from about 5 pints, that about it for a month though.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
He'd already said it was BEER.

I take your point though, but drinking a whole bottle of wine yourself each night would be pretty inadvisable too!

I get through a bottle of malt whisky every 4 or 5 weeks. Aparts from about 5 pints, that about it for a month though.

Oh....I need to take a long hard look at myself....

bluee

Banned
Apr 11, 2012
This is really a fantastic Idea, and can reduce allot of cost. I really encourage you about this idea.
Well If I wanna start it by my own so what the approximate investment that me have to invest? any roughly idea...

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

Well done you! It's good that you are seeing the benefit.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This is really a fantastic Idea, and can reduce allot of cost. I really encourage you about this idea.
Well If I wanna start it by my own so what the approximate investment that me have to invest? any roughly idea...

I usually aim at around £4.89.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here