Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Dont know about everyone else, but it wouldnt be a greatr loss if he was left out of the squad!!

He imho, is now passed his best and we have some great talent in midfield, Lampard first name that springs to mind!

Time for Beckham to Prove himself again and again IMHO this is a do or die season for him!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i can't think of anyone who can come in on the right and do a job like beckham. only kieran dyer, but he's injury prone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He set up one goal and contributed nothing else in the whole tournament, he needs to be dropped until he proves he still has an appetite for football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see Beckham being dropped whilst Sven is at the helm.

I'd still play him until such time as the likes of Dyer, Joe Cole, Jenas, Parker really get their act together, then it might be an issue...

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
we need pace down the wings, shaun wright phillips is the best right winger in england

beckham is good for his dead balls but steven gerrard can do just as good corners and free-kicks.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Up to the Greece Game prior to Euro's I though he was a top geezer!! Then he went to Real and starting to see to the real Beckham.

N.O.W sport claims he basically tells Sven to jump and is asked how high!! He is is running the England tema not SVen and in my books that MUST be stopped, he needs to brought down a few pegs !!!

The bloke with Sven couldn't run a bath!!!!

:angry:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
No he is back at Arsenal, after his loan spell he is trying to crack the Arsenal squad!

GOOD LUCK!!!

:shootself

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Who else in the current squad can cross like him

Is one decent cross a tournament enough then?

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I am amazed that people would even consider dropping him! Please tell me who would replace him? Has Wright Phillips got the kind of class you would like to see in an England side? Beckham had a poor competition, but please dont be so short sighted as to forget that he was our best player (by a country mile) in the qualifying.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Qualifying yes, but he has to be consistent to play in the National side!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rusthall Seagull said:
[BBeckham had a poor competition, but please dont be so short sighted as to forget that he was our best player (by a country mile) in the qualifying. [/B]

Beckham has had two bad tournaments and it would be short sighted to pick him on past form rather than current imo

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Icy Gull said:
Beckham has had two bad tournaments and it would be short sighted to pick him on past form rather than current imo

I appreciate that.....the problem with that argument is that many 'top' players had poor tournaments, would you say that France should drop Henry? Italy drop Totti, etc....?

Beckaham was also injured for the World Cup in 2002 and if my memory serves me right, the whole of the English Nation wanted him to play because he had captained our side so well?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Beckham needs to be dropped to ghive him a good kick up p the arse. During the Euro h looked more like a defensive midfielder/right back. He's supposed to prefer playing in the middle of th park, but didnt seem interested in taking up positions there. This is going to hurt to say, but G. Neville was far better and got forward far more often.

But Sven hasnt got the bollocks to drop him, bit like the situation with Schole who also had a mare. these two players know they're first to go on the sheet, and it showed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here