Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham to buy ORIENT?!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I found the link worked perfectly, actually :laugh:

But Knotty, why would he need a return on his money?

He wouldn't need a return, that's true, but without a strong connection with Brighton, what point would there be?

His financial advisors would recommend him for certifying if he suggested he wanted to blow £X million on Brighton.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You can ask the question about a lot of chariman who buy into clubs. They put money in and gain no return. If someone ever did do it, it'd be, without sounding overly cynical here, to use us as a 'toy'.

They must be mad.

I still don't get it. How is it a toy if you have no allegiance to that club?

If I won a huge EuroMillions payout and could put, say, £20m into the Albion, I would, even knowing I would never see it again. But, much as I love football, there is no way I would put £2,000 into any other club unless I were guaranteed a return...and I wouldn't be.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
They must be mad.

If I won a huge EuroMillions payout and could put, say, £20m into the Albion, I would, even knowing I would never see it again. But, much as I love football, there is no way I would put £2,000 into any other club unless I were guaranteed a return...and I wouldn't be.

It is the fact that you are a chairman of a football club. Do you ever manage any other team in Football Manager? It is much the same idea except on a more grand scale.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They must be mad.

Its all about power and ownership, someone who craves these things does not normally have any allegiances, they don't care as to what or who, just that they have overall control.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Its all about power and ownership, someone who craves these things does not normally have any allegiances, they don't care as to what or who, just that they have overall control.

Even if that is true, why not put your money into something that will give you that power AND a reasonable chance of a profit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here