Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham lost it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit over dramatic for the commentator to say David's had a horrendous week though. So he didn't make the Olympic squad, hardly surprising considering he now plays his football in a league that's probably on a par with the MTL, ability-wise.

I'd say that losing crucial matches with various England World Cup/Euros teams, getting sent off against Argentina and becoming a national hate-figure, being busted by a tabloid newspaper for cheating on his wife, and being run out of Old Trafford by Fergie after having a boot lobbed into his face have all been worse weeks.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes about Paul Scholes.

”Gary Neville was having a piss one day, 45 yards away by a fence. Scholes [smashed a ball and] whacked him right in the arse.” – Alex Ferguson

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit over dramatic for the commentator to say David's had a horrendous week though. So he didn't make the Olympic squad, hardly surprising considering he now plays his football in a league that's probably on a par with the MTL, ability-wise.

I'd say that losing crucial matches with various England World Cup/Euros teams, getting sent off against Argentina and becoming a national hate-figure, being busted by a tabloid newspaper for cheating on his wife, and being run out of Old Trafford by Fergie after having a boot lobbed into his face have all been worse weeks.

I think not getting into the Olympic side is a pretty MASSIVE thing for Beckham actually. He's basically just wasted a large amount of the last 2/3 years of his life.

Quite blatantly his frustration has come out in this game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think not getting into the Olympic side is a pretty MASSIVE thing for Beckham actually. He's basically just wasted a large amount of the last 2/3 years of his life.

Frankly if that really is the sole reason he's been running around for the past two years, I'd find that a bit bizarre. Could you find a single player in the entire English professional league system who would admit to focusing solely on getting into the GB Olympic squad?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love the moment when the mascot appears! Excellent comedy timing :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Frankly if that really is the sole reason he's been running around for the past two years, I'd find that a bit bizarre. Could you find a single player in the entire English professional league system who would admit to focusing solely on getting into the GB Olympic squad?

Not singularly, but you can tell he's a big one for achievements (most caps, ugliest wife, etc) and I think it meant a LOT for him, and was a big reason for all the cheek-rubbing and flesh-pressing and, I don't know, chicken-scratching.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Imagine if that was Joey Barton, people would be calling for a lifetime ban and a public execution.

I rather think Barton punching a student to the ground and kicking him in the head, and punching a team mate to the ground and hitting him while he's unconscious, and poking a player in the eye with a lit cigar, and... and ... Oh I've forgotten your point.

D

Deleted member 18477

Beckham + Carroll... Goals? Beckham for England!

Don't worry David, I love you man! Big bad Stuart doesn't know what he's doing anyway.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good for him, showing a bit of passion.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ah well , just a bit more TV focus for brand Beckham.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It's about the most exciting thing to happen in MLS for a long time

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Agreed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here