Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Palace at Selhurst or finish above them this season?

Beat Palace at Selhurst or finish above them in the league?

• Beat them at Selhurst - I want some of that good feeling going on in the South last night

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Finish above them in the league - that is the true measure of quality

Votes: 49 90.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After the horrors of 9/27, pretend you have a choice...

1. Beat Palace at Selhurst later this season.

- or -

2. Finish above Palace in the league this season.

Only 1 can happen - which would you choose?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Completely outplay them at Selhurst, getting a draw, having had 3 perfectly good goals disallowed by a biased ref, so that even their most ardent fans would concede the moral high ground, and finish 22 places above them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Depends where finishing above them means. If it meant us finishing in the top 6 and them not then balls to the Selhurst result. If it meant us finshing say 14th and them 15th, then no I'd rather take a Selhurst win

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Finish in 21st , a place above Palace when we win against Barnsley on the final day and send the scum down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Depends where finishing above them means. If it meant us finishing in the top 6 and them not then balls to the Selhurst result. If it meant us finshing say 14th and them 15th, then no I'd rather take a Selhurst win

This

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Both!!...But to answer the question properly then it has to be beat them at Selhurst.

They have been finishing above us for the last God knows how many years so one more won't make much difference so going there in February and destroying them would be sweet.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Still hurting and too embarrassed to be BHA

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The league position is the ultimate test on a team's quality. I'd rather take that over a derby win. However as others say, if it's a case of us both finishing 14th and 15th for example then another win at Selhurst would be lovely

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Don't mind losing at their place as long as we finsh above. fininshing above will erase any defeats.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe this. I'd certainly take finishing a few places above them even if we're not in the play-off (and I suspect we won't be).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Interesting that Gus, obviously a bit startled by the fan reaction to Tuesday, has said today that he'd take two losses to Palace if it meant finishing above them.

Like pasty, that wouldn't be enough for me. If it was goal difference between 13th and 14th, I'd rather have the win at Selhurst thanks. If it meant the difference between 7th and 6th, or 3rd and 2nd (unlikely), fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here