Beans on toast...

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
In no particular order:
1 - With a knob of butter and plenty of black pepper
2 - With grated cheese and a Fried egg on top and plenty of black pepper
3 - With Garam Masala cooked in and plenty of black pepper

Always washed down with strong tea and on toast.
Nyom Nyom Nyom!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bakes beans are the foulest invention since time began, little floury kidneys in chemical tomato sauce....foulness incarnate...

carry on :lol:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Do a simple Cheese on toast, but prior to putting the cheese on top of the toast......spread some Mango Chutney on top of the toast............then grill the cheese............its AWESOME !!!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Some of this. :clap2:

Attachments

• sauceraffle-1.jpg
    sauceraffle-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 55

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wish I didn't because they make the perfect quick and healthy meal, but I loathe baked beans.

Quite happy to eat beans in a tomato sauce, but not something that sweet.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Controversially probably, they ruin an English breakfast.

Not if it's a tablespoon's worth of beans, and they're a dry bundle - i.e. averaging about 15-20 beans in a sticky clump with minimum liquidity. They should also be served by being pushed to edge of the plate - polar opposite positioning from fried mushrooms, the latter being ESSENTIAL English Breakfast fayre

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In a blind taste test recently

1st Branstons
2nd Morrisons not their value ones
3rd Asda again not their cheap ones
4th Cant remember think it was Cross & Blackwell
5th Heinz

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I disagree I think they are rank but they may have been 4th as I ant remember who was placed 4th.

I was once told . and I do not know if it is true or not, that there is only 1 company in the UK that makes all of the baked beans for every brand under different recipes. I wouldnt think it is true but sounds great.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I disagree I think they are rank but they may have been 4th as I ant remember who was placed 4th.

I was once told . and I do not know if it is true or not, that there is only 1 company in the UK that makes all of the baked beans for every brand under different recipes. I wouldnt think it is true but sounds great.

Not true is this case, but I know companies such as Thorntons Chocolates make them for companies such as Boots etc...

Premier Foods makes HP Beans and Crosse & Blackwell Beans, but Heinz make Heinz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here