Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beamback at the Amex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apart from the football, it was good. I was in the East stand brasserie. Got there early, bagged a table in front of one of the tellys, and wiled away the afternoon with the West Ham game, then watching us not bothering to turn up at Selhurst.

They had a giant screen set up in the restaurant bit overlooking the pitch with loads of chairs set up cinema-style in front of it, but I preferred having a table. Wouldn't say there was an "atmosphere" as such, just people milling about, same as a pre-match really.

I left mightily relieved I didn't bother making the trip. It was bad enough on TV, at least I didn't have a crap evening as well.

Wow I could have been sitting on the next table to you and never have known.

Pie, Mash, mushy peas and gravy were excellent and for £6-50 was very good value IMO.

Commentary was awful, Palace commentator, he got through a box of tissues raving about Zaha, despite him going missing for 80% of the match. When Bridders was hacked down he was moaning more that Zaha was caught just afterwards rather than the fact that Bridders nearly had his leg broken. I might go to another, the atmosphere was deadened by the red card as we all knew what was going to happen but I would rather have listened to a dodgy norweigen feed than the one we had.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So if kids were there with all that went on there must have been quite a bit of swearing ?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I was in the East Thought it was ok. Sat at table below a small screen, had pie, mash and mushy peas plus a small beer. Did not fancy sitting in cinema style for the big screen. All very civilised. Nice to be able to park at the ground and drive straight out. No P & R queues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here