Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach of Choice

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Which is your beach ?

For us we can drive, or cycle to Shoreham from Steyning. If we drive, we park in the Widewater carpark. There is a cafe at the other end from where we go, plus it is close to the footpath to local shops. Other people we know also use it as their beach so there are often other people we know around.

For a day out with friends - it is West Wittering. Worth the drive every time.

Oct 25, 2003
i'm in westdene so fairly far away

the beach i use for piss ups tends to be the one infront of the peace statue for some reason

occasionally the one infront of the fortune of war(where my friend got her purse nicked past night)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Climping or West Wittering for a family day out.

Worthing, by Sea Lane Cafe, for a Sunday pm stroll and cuppa with the old folks.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Camber Sands is a lovely beach, went there in 1995, it is quiet and laid back. It is only just in Sussex, near Rye. It had a Pontins, and a mini Arcade, when I was there. My family ended up camping in a unused field near Rye. I would love to go back there one day, have not been there since 1995.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Theres a secret sandy beach in Southwick which I'm gonna give away the secret too now:

Go across the lock gates, upto to Carrots Cafe and take a right along the concrete promenade thingy ALL the way to the two Arms, just infront of the Big Arm there is a sandy beach sheltered by a Rock Arm. Inbetween the arms theres another semi-sandy beach but lateley its become abit messy.

Oct 25, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Theres a secret sandy beach in Southwick which I'm gonna give away the secret too now:

Go across the lock gates, upto to Carrots Cafe and take a right along the concrete promenade thingy ALL the way to the two Arms, just infront of the Big Arm there is a sandy beach sheltered by a Rock Arm. Inbetween the arms theres another semi-sandy beach but lateley its become abit messy.
is that a nudist beach? if so my dad goes there:ohmy:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
virgirlo said:
Eastbourne beach is nice at night time, DBS would agree!!
:lolol:

Eastbournes nice. I admit I love Eastbourne. I go there for the international tennis tournament every year. Its quiet laid back. I love going there on a hot sunny day, venturing up and down the seafront, with the wish towers, gardens and the pier, and relaxing on the seafront. I have a funny feeling Safeway will say otherwise.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Eastbourne isn't bad, a pretty looking town, but after living there a while it becomes so boring!
nice to go back to after the big smoke though!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tommy boy said:
is that a nudist beach? if so my dad goes there:ohmy:

nah thats halway down basin road behind the big wall, not that I've ever been or anything ;)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
virgirlo said:
Eastbourne isn't bad, a pretty looking town, but after living there a while it becomes so boring!
nice to go back to after the big smoke though!

Got to agree with you on that one, I still like the place but dont think I could move there again after living in London as it is just too dull and Townie.

Still good to go back once a month though and catch up with Mates and remind myself exactly why I made the right move coming up to London.

I guess if I ever have kids my views could change dramatically though!

How old are you btw virgirlo?

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Albion Dan said:
Got to agree with you on that one, I still like the place but dont think I could move there again after living in London as it is just too dull and Townie.

Still good to go back once a month though and catch up with Mates and remind myself exactly why I made the right move coming up to London.

I guess if I ever have kids my views could change dramatically though!

How old are you btw virgirlo?

Totally agree, and 24 btw!
when i move back to sussex, will definitely be avoiding Eastbourne and going straight to Hove or Brighton! :clap:

Strike said:
Eastbournes nice. I admit I love Eastbourne. I go there for the international tennis tournament every year. Its quiet laid back. I love going there on a hot sunny day, venturing up and down the seafront, with the wish towers, gardens and the pier, and relaxing on the seafront. I have a funny feeling Safeway will say otherwise.

Not at all. I really like Eastbourne as a town, for the exact reasons that you've pointed out.

The only problem with the place is the amount of utter WANKERS that live there. I pop back now and again for a few pints in the Gildredge with my mates but aside from that a night out really isn't worth the hassle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here