Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC1 tonight 7:30pm....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My brother works on a trawler, but I could never do it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
They do get paid a lot if they get a good catch but they deserve every penny as it is one of the toughest jobs about

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Frutos said:
My brother works on a trawler, but I could never do it.

So does mine! From Ireland though. I was out with him once, a few years ago and never again will I do it.

They do OK with their catch most of the time, but a little further south it's a complete no go area with some 'heavies' calling the shots. I am amused by how some men get so, well, territorial over it all. I know it's a livelihood and things, but they go one step too far.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
deadliest catch is better on discovery. in the first one they showed someone getting rescued from the bearing sea. 3 others never made it. grim!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
desprateseagull said:
i am recording magnus magnusson tribute.. and i will finish !

Very good as well

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
Race said:
deadliest catch is better on discovery. in the first one they showed someone getting rescued from the bearing sea. 3 others never made it. grim!

My favourite is the NorthWestern with Sig Hansen and his brother:smokin:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
p.s

worth it though cos i love fish and chips:)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starry said:
So does mine! From Ireland though. I was out with him once, a few years ago and never again will I do it.

They do OK with their catch most of the time, but a little further south it's a complete no go area with some 'heavies' calling the shots. I am amused by how some men get so, well, territorial over it all. I know it's a livelihood and things, but they go one step too far.

Mine works out of Eastbourne, and he's only 16.

For a start, the getting up so early every flipping morning would rule me out of being to do it before I even thought of stepping foot on a boat.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We watched it too, what an incredible job, when those lines tangle :ohmy:

Having watched it last week as well and now this week I'm getting angrier and angrier, how much stuff do they drag out of the water in order to get their 700 or however many boxes of fish.... It really is disgusting what we as a planet expect the seas to cope with....Made me quite mad....

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Race said:

Innit, I love that show, its mental when they have to bash the ice off the ship with rubber mallets to stop it capsizing !!!

Still they do earn loads doing it :)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
REDLAND said:
Innit, I love that show, its mental when they have to bash the ice off the ship with rubber mallets to stop it capsizing !!!

Still they do earn loads doing it :)
Did you see the one when the greenhorn was an ex navy seal and he couldnt handle it, I also loved the bit when on the first day the newbie went to shake hands with the skipper and the skipper refused untill the end of the season:bowdown:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Chicken Run said:
Did you see the one when the greenhorn was an ex navy seal and he couldnt handle it, I also loved the bit when on the first day the newbie went to shake hands with the skipper and the skipper refused untill the end of the season:bowdown:

Nope I've missed most of the current series, is it any different now that they are fishing to quotas ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Starry said:
So does mine! From Ireland though.

As do or did half of my family on my dads side - the other half were either boatbuilders or cops, but trawling kept at least 3/4 of them going cause of the boats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here