Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bbc1 - Paul Barber

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The way that PB has treated this incident may have backfired.
My personal thoughts. I have to pass the away fans both before and after the game and feel very safe (I'm from the 70's and been there in mass brawls). It's great to see families at the matches, both at home and away along with away families at the Amex. Football is great again. The stewards have a job to do and again I cant fault them. Both at home and away they are always smiling and chatty. You needed to be there in the 70's to understand the way fans were treated. If 1 in 10,000 fans are bad now then maybe the same with stewards, but I've yet to meet one.
But my Mum is an outsider listening and watching PB on all the TV and Radio and is thinking that it is dangerous to go to a match now. She is asking if it was correct to take my 6 YO granddaughter last week.
Yes, make it known to fans that violence will result in a ban but I think PB may have overstepped the mark here.

What we don't know is how the interview was edited. PB may well have said something that this is a very minute element of our support and could well have cited statistics to support that but that might have been edited out, either for time constraints or because it diluted the sensationalism of the piece. I suspect that everyone that goes to the Amex fully appreciates how safe it is, especially those that were familiar with the bad old days of the 70s and 80s.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What we don't know is how the interview was edited. PB may well have said something that this is a very minute element of our support and could well have cited statistics to support that but that might have been edited out, either for time constraints or because it diluted the sensationalism of the piece. .

Yes. And He literally did say this to BBC Sussex.
"The vast majority of people who come to the Amex, week in week out are well behaved, love the environment, respect the staff, respect other supporters and simply enjoy the football."

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So, Palace fans turn up, assault a couple of stewards, Palace do next to nothing other than criticise the police response, idiots keep on going to games, their club stays very quiet on the issue, we on NSC are angered by the Palace boards response.

A couple of Brighton fans assault a steward, our club acts immediately and decisively, bans the idiots, supports the police and is proud to say its done all this , and we on NSC are angered by our boards response.

There's a lesson here on human nature, of some sort...

Perfectly happy with the action the club has taken, perfectly happy for them to announce they have done this, unhappy that it is portrayed as there are people who come to football specifically to vent their anger, that it is a frequent occurrence and a growing problem.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe we should actually be complaining to the BBC about their editing and linking incidents like this with the Millwall/Everton game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
PB is a bit marmite to Albion fans isn’t he?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe we should actually be complaining to the BBC about their editing and linking incidents like this with the Millwall/Everton game.

Boom.

I very much doubt that BarberOut actively pushed to go on BBC1. Its much more likely that they contacted him after the press release and “invited” him on. He could have refused, but we all know how that would have been reported: “we asked for an interview, but no one was available to comment”. So he went on, as you would. He’ s not responsible for the editing, Auntie is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What we don't know is how the interview was edited.

Nail. Head. Only the Beeb know what was in the other 4 hours of Barbsplaining which didn’t make the broadcast.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
That's odd as I've never been treated like a naughty itinerant schoolboy waiting for my next telling off.

Maybe that has something to do with me not abusing the club, system or opposition.
Therefore Barber-outs missives have no impact on me, my enjoyment of the football and love for the club.

Were it not for NSC collectively clutching their pearls and writing their objections before swooning to the floor I wouldn't have a clue about Babs and what he does.

I feel sorry for you and your inability to enjoy Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

You have completely missed the point of what i said. I haven't abused the club, system or opposition either.

You don't need to feel sorry for me. I can cope thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You have completely missed the point of what i said. I haven't abused the club, system or opposition either.

You don't need to feel sorry for me. I can cope thanks.

Then why do you feel lectured by Barber-out if he's not even talking to you? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what's Bab's gonna nail us with after yesterday's game? :lolol:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So what's Bab's gonna nail us with after yesterday's game? :lolol:

Programme notes were quite conciliatory I thought.
“Our warnings may occasionally offend some innocent people”.

Just confirms my theory that there are some innocent people in our fan base.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here